Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
For those of you with multiple green cheek conures: how much does it change the dynamic? Are they only interested in being with each other? What about if they're housed in seperate cages?

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
They can become more interested in each other. Caging separately helps stop this from happening but doesn't completely eliminate the possibility. I keep my two caged separately but they come out and play together all the time. My male is more interested in hanging out with my other gcc but my female will hang out with me just as often as she will hang out with the other gcc.

Love_Fern

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2014
Georgia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Great question. I am wondering the same.

I have one spoiled rotten GCC that is miserable unless someone is around. I feel guilty going anywhere- even though she has a huge homemade tree house and never caged:20:

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Well they can also completely hate each others guts and you will have to have separate play times and cages. You really won't know how the birds will react to each other until they settle in and interact. My male gcc will beat the crap out of my sun. He hates the suns guts and they can not play together because of this. So if you want another it has to because you want another not for the other bird you own.

It does seem to help that the birds have each other to talk to when no one else is home though! No one has a problem being in my room all by themselves even if it has to be all day but that can be because I cage all 7 of my birds in my room with cages facing each other plus they are stacker cages. So they are all in view of each other.

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Bandit is my little velcro bird. She prefers to spend all of her time with/on me. I really want a second gcc, but part of me is afraid I'll be forgotten about. It would be great if the two of them made friends and I would expect them to spend some time together when they're both out, but I think I'd be heartbroken if Bandit decided she no longer needed my attention or affection and prefered the company of another bird.

Last edited:

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
i got 4 ,a pair a cage.
Then do play with each other but include me a lot.
It's not unusual to have all 4 off them preening me.
At the end of the evening they take an nap on my monitor so they can watch me.
If i stand up or bow down than they are all with me in seconds.
And when i pay to much attention to my computer they make sure to let my know by taking my keyboard buttons and mouse.
Sure they are not on me 24/7 but they are a lot.
I honesty think it's the perfect balance.

Most Reactions

Latest posts