MUSIC, your favorite, please chime in

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I'll listen to just about anything, but if I had to choose a favorite genre, it would have to be cyber/industrial. My favorite band/artist is tied between Skinny Puppy and Taurus Riley (he's a reggae artist, but I love his music). Right now, I've been liking a pretty obscure group called Eisenfunk. They've been around for a while, but I just recently heard their stuff (Kiwi seems to really like their music too!).

Oooooh! I love Eisenfunk. Kayak likes "Pong". She tries to whistle to it and dance when it's on... its not a song to be whistled to, but she tries it and loves it.

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Like Kiwibird, I'm into industrial. I've loved it since I was a kid.

If I were to look at my most played artists on my phone it would be Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, and Wednesday 13. My birds love anything fun and catchy. I despise country, rap, pop, or anything along those lines. Pretty much anything that is "popular" I cannot stand. My budgies go nuts when Rob Zombie comes on. They start whistling so loudly you can hear them outside the house.

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
i like your hot and your cold by katy perry:) i learnt the actions to it when i was 7:)lol... i also like fireflyies by owl city:) also now you are somebody that i used to know... forgot who sings that:)

Oh! So you are 11 or 12 years old then? Because Katy Perry's "hot n cold" was recorded in 2007 and released in 2008. :) We've had a few 12 year old members from Australia on here! What a fabulous coincidence!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Uh-oooh. I must have "missed" something. :eek: ....like a "guest appearance" of some sort. :rolleyes:

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
..., Rammstein, Rob Zombie, ...

My kids listened to Ramstein a LOT when they were younger, and I was always summoned to translate their lyrics. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ"]Rammstein - Du hast - YouTube[/ame]

Did you see Rob Zombie this year at the PNC? :32:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I have a very varied taste in music, but here are 2 of my favourites:)

[ame="http://youtu.be/quOGuEvTX8c"]Meat Loaf 1978 Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/Fuqkz_sZDos"]Fix You - Coldplay Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Good thread. I also like all different kinds of music. I can go to Carnegie Hall to see Handel's Messiah, and drive home listening to Eminem or Nirvana, LOL.
In general i think my friends categorize me as liking 'hippie' music because the stuff i can't live without--Blind Faith, Traffic, Cream, Buffalo Springfield, CSNY. Last night i was strumming my guitar and singing Roy Orbison then Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" (always back to my hippie acid rock i guess.....LOL)
My favorite artist is probably Joe Jackson because he does it all from jazz to rock to latin rhythms.....

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Lol custom, Kiwi likes Pong too, but he goes nuts for Super Space Invaders. Birds are so funny with music, I think while they may not get the lyrics, they get the concept. He sits there and bobs up and down to rap and metal, he spins and hops when there's industrial or techno on, and starts preening when anything mellow is on. It's almost too funny to watch sometimes. BTW, since this is a music threat, has anyone else seen the death metal parrot video on YouTube? That bird REALLY gets into his music lol.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BTW, since this is a music threat, has anyone else seen the death metal parrot video on YouTube? That bird REALLY gets into his music lol.

I haven't seen it. :( Could you please post a link? Pretty please? :D

008kenichijouji

Sep 27, 2012
Midwest
Parrots
Disney---Sun conure
Piano instrumental (classic stuff like Beethoven, Chopin, with some Satie in there), most 80's music, all of Sting and Elton John's stuff, video game background music, and I'm partial to a couple of Korean and Japanese singers. The Korean band Nell is awesome, and Japanese singer Itou Kanako is also excellent (only female singer I'll tolerate).

If anyone's interested, here's some Asian singers to add to your music repertoire..... :)
Nell (new album) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juCVdiWHf8M]Nell[/ame]
Nell (older album, a bit different style) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZTMPcZfek]Nell Thank You - YouTube[/ame]
Itou Kanako [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPfvJdIH24]Itou Kanako -A Wish for Stars- - YouTube[/ame]
Itou Kanako [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyPdsYCj_jI]A Will - Itou Kanako - YouTube[/ame]

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Piano instrumental (classic stuff like Beethoven, Chopin, with some Satie in there), most 80's music, all of Sting and Elton John's stuff, video game background music, and I'm partial to a couple of Korean and Japanese singers. The Korean band Nell is awesome, and Japanese singer Itou Kanako is also excellent (only female singer I'll tolerate).

If anyone's interested, here's some Asian singers to add to your music repertoire..... :)

NICE! Even though I didn't understand anything, I really enjoyed all of them, thank you so much for sharing. :) I was particularly fond of Nell.

Here is a nice Piano solo. It's an oldie, but a goodie ;)

Richard Clayderman "Ballade Pour Adeline"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsgXJQ0ebU"]Richard Clayderman - Ballade pour Adeline - YouTube[/ame]

And this is FALCO. I'm not sure how many of you know him/remember him. When I was a teenager I had a MAJOR crush on him. :eek: To me he was a musical genius.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urw-iutHw5E"]Falco - Jeanny - YouTube[/ame]

And lastly, this is a rendition of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CCqJLWRP1bntndujFjWOjg"]OFFICIAL - Somewhere Over the Rainbow 2011 - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole - YouTube[/ame]

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Good topic!!
I'm a rocker/metal/industrial fan myself.

Rob Zombie, green day, cheap trick, meatloaf etc......
Way too many to name.

I do listen to everything though

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
I have a lot of music on my PC...........I mean A LOT!!!!! I just looked, I have well over 6000 songs in my library. :eek:

Almost all my listening is done on my PC, I used to have 5.1 surround but lost that system in Hurricane Ike, right now I just have a 2.1 setup. When I get the chance I'm gonna get a new sound card and a 5.1 setup again, my old one was awesome, people couldn't believe it was a PC sounding that good (and VERY loud):54:

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I have a lot of music on my PC...........I mean A LOT!!!!! I just looked, I have well over 6000 songs in my library. :eek:

Almost all my listening is done on my PC, I used to have 5.1 surround but lost that system in Hurricane Ike, right now I just have a 2.1 setup. When I get the chance I'm gonna get a new sound card and a 5.1 setup again, my old one was awesome, people couldn't believe it was a PC sounding that good (and VERY loud):54:

And from what I've "heard", you've got some AWESOME music there. :D I wouldn't even know how to begin hooking my PC up to sound decent. Luckily we have an all right system downstairs, so the birds and I can rock regularly. ;)

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
Been in the IT profession for over 10 years, so no biggie for me

here's my desk just after we moved in here and then a pic of the living room (full dolby digital surround 5.1 for watching movies. :)

can't see the subwoofer under the desk

4t3wu9.jpg

34phvsm.jpg

throw this one in to show I is a proud Texan :-D

ixxvvd.jpg

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
You shouldn't have posted those pics, Wharf....I'm in the process of packing my bags....I should be there in less than 48 hours - via car. ;)...and your doormat and guns won't stop me. :54:

Just LOVE that open floor plan!!! :D

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
LMAO!! :D

Yea, but those pics are before we added 4 more birds (Zons & GW's) sold that china cabinet to make room..........more recently...

ega3r6.jpg

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I don't see you making any room for 3 more cages. :54: :54: :54:
I'm almost all done packing...so you better prepare Mrs. Wharfrat, and move those cages over. :D

Most Reactions