My FAVOURITE STORE IS CLOSING....!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I am speechless right now....after many years in business, my favourite store is closing. this store is awesome!!... the first time I walked in there, my jaw hit the floor :)

due to health issues the owner is forced to close his doors in July.
I am so sad, I'm almost in tears. I know it's just a store, I rely heavily on purchasing items for that store for breeding.
I travel an hour to go there, cause there aren't many stores around here like that one.

why do all the good ones go???:(:(....this just really sucks.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Oh I understand how must feel that is so sad that the owner is in poor health. Maybe someone will come along and buy it? Or you could buy it and run it:)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Oh I understand how must feel that is so sad that the owner is in poor health. Maybe someone will come along and buy it? Or you could buy it and run it:)

I would love to!!, but he's asking $50,000. + inventory, he easily has over a million dollars in that store. I don't think he's asking that, but only if I could.
I never realized how attached I was to that store, and then I realized why.
that store helped me start my business. I bought everything from him, most of my supplies anyways, cages, toys, breeder boxes, nests,perches, and yes the odd bird.
He ordered me special cages I couldn't get here from your wonderful country.
He would drive down across the border, and pick them up and bring them back.
not too many owners do that!!

....I'm just shocked.....

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Your right having a store with that kind of customer service is really hard to find. and almost impossible to replicate. Could you buy a few lottery tickets? and then hope;):)

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Wow. That's sad to hear. Maybe he'll find someone that he could lease it to and work out something on splitting inventory profit, etc. It sounds like a great business that has likely built up many loyal customers like yourself.

dragonlady2

Oct 3, 2010
Canada
Parrots
Eclectus-Willy, Alexandrine-Oliver, Two Barrabands -Joey and Peewee, Plumhead-Peanut, Senegal-Mookie, Australian King-Bella, Peachfront conure-Peachygirl, Crimson belly conure-Pepper, Parrotlette
Yikes! I live in Ontario, what store is closing?

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
I can make the best of this....I'll buy Ninja his own cage(currently in the lower half of a double stacker cage)
AND buy my male gouldian finch that I've been wanting....and maybe a few trinkies,lol
my daughter and I are going to eat at a fabulous restaurant just by there, they have the best fettucini alfredo!!

Most Reactions