My garden....it's getting there

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Well now look up the variety Equador Pink. and when I say large pot' they will eventually end up in half a whiskey barrel type pot. They also smell good at night. And of coarse I am enabeling you What are friends for:D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Well now look up the variety Equador Pink. and when I say large pot' they will eventually end up in half a whiskey barrel type pot. They also smell good at night. And of coarse I am enabeling you What are friends for:D

:eek: OMG Alison! I'm sold!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WHAT is that???? And you saw one of those in MY garden? Hmm....:confused: I know my tree peonies' leaves look a bit similar.

If that's what I "think" it is, then no, I don't grow that nor do that. :)

Tonkatiel

Banned
Banned
Apr 25, 2013
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Tonks (Cockatiel), Sid, Johnny, Aussie (Lovebirds), Punky (Galah)
Hahaha couldn't help but to LOL at that... Beautiful garden Wendy, and no I didn't see any of the umm... 'tomato plants' in your pictures lol

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hahaha couldn't help but to LOL at that... Beautiful garden Wendy, and no I didn't see any of the umm... 'tomato plants' in your pictures lol

Whew!! I'm glad you didn't see any either. I was worried there for a while.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
So Wendy when are you getting one? :D They come in lots of different colors, but that one took my breath away. It sure would look nice in your garden.;):)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So Wendy when are you getting one? :D They come in lots of different colors, but that one took my breath away. It sure would look nice in your garden.;):)

None of my current nurseries sell them. :( Yup, I've already called around. :54: So it looks like I have to order one online. I looked at eBay, but I don't want a cutting, I want something a wee bit bigger. I think I'll check out the place where you got yours, as I LOVE that color, too. :D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
You can get some of the standard types once in a while down here at a nursery but any hybrid types you need to mailorder. I bought the gallon size with shipping it is about 35 dollars which is a good price as it is already a one year old plant:).

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Well, Alison, I just took the plunge. :) I also ordered through Maranatha Nursery, and I got the "Painted Lady". :D

What a GREAT website they have about brugmansia. So informative!!! I've bookmarked it, as this will be my first try with one of those beauties. I'll be bringing her in the house during the winter. ;)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
Wow I will have to back and look again:D I didn't notice that one .That pic is gorgeous. About 40 years ago I came down to Fla to visit my father and step mother for a couple of weeks . They lived in Nokomis ,Fla which is about 26 miles north of where we live now, and we went to see Ruth's father who lived near them. His pride and joy was a white angel trumpet shrub planted in the ground and a good 12 feet high and about as wide and it was just dripping in white trumpets. Absolutley incredible sight. That sight is very informative about the care and I also have it bookmarked:)

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Sorry Wendy.....must have been another garden I saw that in...or...maybe I need new glasses.....thought maybe your new garden was going to help out those new dispensaries New Jersey is opening........ :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sorry Wendy.....must have been another garden I saw that in...or...maybe I need new glasses.....thought maybe your new garden was going to help out those new dispensaries New Jersey is opening........ :)

ROFLMAO!!!!

I needed that laugh!!!!

NOT in my garden, not ever.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
Hey Weco did you check your garden? HEHE I remember when my nephew convinced his mom that it was a tomato plant and she stuck it right in her front window and made sure she kept it watered till she found out what it was. Needless to say she was not happy. That ended that plant:D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Here's some pics of my other peony and the double blooming Azaleas blooming. Plus some of my pots!

20130515_123804_zps8df75c05.jpg

20130515_152636_zps527491be.jpg

20130515_123915_zps71fc6812.jpg

20130515_123909_zps2f7c53e7.jpg

20130515_123901_zpsba3f5f14.jpg

20130515_123852_zpsdccf5874.jpg

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
GORGEOUS arrangements in the pots, Mikey!!! :32: And I bet your peony (is it Sarah Bernardt???) smells heavenly! :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Thanks Wendy! Not sure what kind, I bought them as bulbs 5 years ago at walmart and this one did not sprout until the 3rd year. I thought it was a dud at first and this is the first time it bloomed and its a beauty!!!! All my peonies are growing huge this year!!! :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Todays dose of flowers

Tree Peony "High Noon" has opened up for me:
img6839sf.jpg

Next to that is a clematis "Crystal Fountain"
img6840be.jpg

A white clem
img6837n.jpg

And a pic of a fully opened flower on my purple Tree Peony in the front
img6836gf.jpg

....AND....it's raining!!!! :rolleyes:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
MikeyTn, I love your color choices for your pots, Real nice color combos and yes I agree with Wendy that your peony is Sarah bernhart or however you spell it. Wendy that tree peony High Noon is gorgeous I love yellow flowers.:)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you, Alison. :)

I just got back from the garden store....need to prepare for the arrival of the Brugmansia, lol. I bought a 20" pot (all I had was 14" & 24") AND moisture control potting soil. :D

Alison, is your Brug going in the ground or a pot? If in a pot, what size are you going to use???? (I feel a new obsession coming on... :eek:)

Most Reactions