My Hillarious Franklin!

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
So, just now...I'm sitting here, with our YSGCC Franklin on my shoulder...he will be 3 years old on March 14th....I'm quietly reading through some threads and he goes to my ear and lightly grabs my lobe...I can feel his tongue lightly moving around...exploring...then he moves to the top of my ear...again...lightly exploring...kinda beaks around the top of my ear...I'm a bit nervous...because I can't SEE him and really want to keep my ear intact...

Next thing...he's exploring more and more and more and being really really nice...but it tickles...it tickles really bad! 7I'm holding back belly rolling .laughter by this point...then he puts his beak in the center of my ear and I can feel that it seems like he's trying to regurgitate in my ear!

At this point I can't hold back my laughter anymore! I'm DYING!! He puts his foot up and grabs my ear while bopping his head as they do when they are trying to regurgitate...

Oh my gosh...I had tears streaming and I couldn't stop laughing and the more I laughed the faster he bopped his head!

I went to move him away because I couldn't take the tickling anymore...and he made his leave me alone sound then he successfully regurgitates...not once...not twice...but like 3 times!

He regurgitates up, then chews on it for a bit and swallows it back down...when he was all done...he made the kiss sound...then he walked to my right shoulder, touched my cheek with his beak and kissed like 3 times.

Oh my gosh...he's ADORABLE today!

Toni

Birdbrain91

Dec 6, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Apollo (A bossy YSGCC) Cleo (Sun Conure) Wesley (B&G Macaw)
That is funny! I wouldn't be able to hold it in. My GC has never done that but my Macaw does that to my feet and your right it tickles. Thanks for sharing. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Franklin sounds like quite a character! That is hysterical!

OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Just a quick update on this post :)

Franklin has...for what ever reason, decided that our ears are some sort of feeding port! ROFLOLOL!!!

His using our ears as a regurgitation tool was becoming a nearly constant thing...to the point that he began to develop quite the attitude about it.

Soooo...we've had to redirect and discourage that activity....however, the other night, my husband had gone and got his hair cut. When we got home, we let our FIDS out and Franklin...of course wanted to hang with us...especially my husband. Franklin, of course ran over to his shoulder and went for the ear...so hubby pinched his head and shoulder together and reached over to get Frankie to step up...Frankie grabbed on with one foot, but refused to totally step up...My husband is chuckling because what ever Franklin is doing is tickling...so I glance over and seriously almost passed out!!

Franklin had ahold of my husbands finger, was bopping his head in his new hair cut and was going to town doing "the hump" on my husband!!

OMG! Frankie NEVER ceases to totally entertain!

Everytime I glanced at Frankie...it started another bout of uncontrollable laughing...hubby is asking...what is he doing? Then he's laughing because it's tickling and then he's laughing because of my uncontrollable reaction...hubby is saying...Help me get him off...which made me laugh even HARDER because at the moment, he didn't know what Frankie was actually doing!

Finally Frankie quits...I start to breath again...and I exclaim..."Whew! Frankie REALLY loves your new haircut!"

My goodness sakes...birds!

Toni

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
Its so funny you share this, because my ear, too, seems to be a feeding port! :p I wonder how common this is?

Most Reactions