Nanday's

Furf

Jun 2, 2012
Parrots
Maggie & Gonzo - Nanday Conures
I just got the call.. I get to pick up my two Nandays tomorrow! WOOOT! No sleep for me tonight. Lady emailed me said they are both in good health. Little Nippy need time to bond. But other then that they should be great.. we shall see.....

WOOOT Super Happy!

artemis

May 20, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
Pepper, Sun Conure/
Echo, Green Cheek Conure/
Penelope Peanut, Maroon Bellied Conure
Congratulations on your new flock members!

OP
F

Furf

Jun 2, 2012
Parrots
Ok we are all home set up back im thier home updates and pics to follow

patch

May 14, 2012
Parrots
Nanday mutation
I've forgotten what regular nandays look like since mine suddenly turned sun conure hybrid. Excited to see pictures!

OP
F

Furf

Jun 2, 2012
Parrots
So this was the email I received prior to going to get these two. What I am looking to know is where to head for training information. And which way is suggested to train them with.

Now since they are home. One is a screecher. (Maggie) I have not spent much time with them I set up their cage and have them in there and letting them get settled in. I honestly cant really even tell them apart. When I walk by their room I get lots of screeching from one then the other will chime in. But they did take treats from me first thing when I got them in their home.

I am looking on how to help tame and train both of these two.. Do I do them at the same time separately?

Also that room is SUPER loud when they go off. Should I have them in the living room where there is more room for sound to travel. Which would make working with them more tolerable sound wise. Or I could just wear ear plugs to help with the sound.

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, I don't have any digital pictures of them, but they look like typical Nanday's.

Their cage looks a lot like this one: Super Pet » EZ Care Dometop Cage for Medium Birds Except it doesn't have the play top and it is green. I bought it new for them when I took them in. They would also come with their pet carrier for travel.

Maggie (I believe the male, though I was told he was female) is slightly larger then Gonzo (I believe the female, though I was told she was a male). They are bonded, but as far as I can tell, they've never tried to mate and I was never interested in that, nor did I care about their gender, so I never had them tested. I got them from a home that I think they were abused in about 8 years ago. I never really intended to keep them forever, I just really wanted to get them out of that home. Maggie can be quite aggressive, but with some work, I think she'll (he'll?) come around. Though timid, Gonzo is more friendly and will step up and give kisses. He (she?) has the most potential to be a great buddy. They currently have their full wings, but have been clipped in the past.

As I mentioned in my last email, they're currently with my mother in Goffstown, NH (just west of Manchester). I live in Hampton. Where in Maine are you? I recently moved to an apartment, so I am not able to keep them here with me as they're too loud. My biggest problem is coordinating a way for you to meet the birds before you commit. Would you be willing to take them for a trial run if I meet you somewhere closer than Goffstown or are you set on meeting them first?

My only requests to their new owner would be that they live in a home that can take the noise and that they promise to care for these birds. I'm not interested in making money off them, hence the reason I'm not asking any fee. I just want them to have a good home!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Kelly

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts