Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
I don't know about angel 😇, but Levi definitely has some pretty nice wings. :D
Here's my *Just For Fun* entry ....
:p

SLO-MO Flying - 1 - YouTube

********************************************************​

All that wood, those wooden chairs, I see no chew marks but how? :p
Very majestic flight, I love it, can't wait to let Jacob grow out his wings and let him try flying.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Creative and beautiful entries this far! Going to be a blockbuster month!!

Well stated Scott!

When I first saw the Topic, the first thing that came to mind was the old Statement used to define starting a journey not fully prepared. "On a Wing and a Pray!" After a lifetime with Parrots that belief is far from true. "On a Wing and a Pray" is the best of places to start a journey.
On the Wings of an Angle is a wonderful topic as even in those moments they may not be a perfect Angle, just below the surface they are!

Great Topic Stephen, Truly a great Topic.

Last edited:
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

I love, love, LOVE this video! So beautiful and graceful! And you know I can never get enough of Levi!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thanks, Steven! And I couldn't agree more about the angels in our homes... even when they're not being quite so angelic. Lol!

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
I've got 2 just for fun photos.
Elvis bathing.
Opal stretching.
df7f50b3c1f83f8b980dda7b1e09b705.jpg
896ebec16f3272e51837d9c8725202a3.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy s8

Have I seen these two on youtube?

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

All that wood, those wooden chairs, I see no chew marks but how? :p
Very majestic flight, I love it, can't wait to let Jacob grow out his wings and let him try flying.

We are all looking forward to Jacobs future flight Vids. :D

Hmmmm, 🤔 That's a good question. He never chews on the cabin chairs.
The end chair has gobs of chew toys strung all over it and a ladder for him to climb up. So technically, that is his chair. When he is perched on it it only chews his toys. Sometimes he is a very good boy. 😇

I love, love, LOVE this video! So beautiful and graceful! And you know I can never get enough of Levi!

Thank You THOR! 🥰

Hootnhollerbirdtoys

Sep 4, 2019
Parrots
Blue/gold macaw, double yellow headed amazon and rainbow lorikeets
I’d love to get in on this one! Now I need to go make a photobucket account..or imgr?

Awesome pictures everyone!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Keep those winged entries coming, everyone! Show us what your birds are working with!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
This really *IS* promising to be a blockbuster month!
Thank you, EVERYBODY, for the great entries so far.
My only complaint? Another month of impossible voting... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

KawaiiTori

Aug 3, 2019
Media
Poulsbo, Washington, USA
Parrots
Tori - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
So this is Tori sunning under the wings of a “true” angel! Doesn’t seem to matter what we do to the windows, we still have at least one bird hit a week...we actually had one shatter the double paned glass of a downstairs window this summer!

kawaiitori-albums-tori-picture21848-wings-angel.jpeg

kawaiitori-albums-tori-picture21849-wings-angel.jpeg

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Before I read your post, I immediately said, ooo that's a bird strike. I hate it when that happens. Most of the time they are stunned and recover. But there are those times, when that all it takes. :(

KawaiiTori

Aug 3, 2019
Media
Poulsbo, Washington, USA
Parrots
Tori - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Before I read your post, I immediately said, ooo that's a bird strike. I hate it when that happens. Most of the time they are stunned and recover. But there are those times, when that all it takes. :(

I know, it’s such a tragedy...and we’ve seriously tried everything we can think of...dark tint so the windows are more visible from the outside, stickers so they are even more visible, moving all the bird feeders so that there aren’t any direct lines to the windows (which took most of the fun out of having bird feeders), one time we even tried hanging a bunch of stuff in front of the windows that flapped and moved in the breeze...NOTHING worked! I’m starting to think the birds outside are truly “bird brained” though because sometimes they even fly into the wall!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
So this is Tori sunning under the wings of a “true” angel! Doesn’t seem to matter what we do to the windows, we still have at least one bird hit a week...we actually had one shatter the double paned glass of a downstairs window this summer!

kawaiitori-albums-tori-picture21848-wings-angel.jpeg

kawaiitori-albums-tori-picture21849-wings-angel.jpeg

I'd say Tori is a true angel, herself! What a beauty!

It's always so sad when birds strike a glass. I remember the first time I ever saw someone hold a bird was when a bird struck the picture window of my childhood home in the Bronx. I remember watching in awe as my father picked up the stunned little guy and sat down with him in his lap. The bird hung out like that, in my father's hands, for maybe ten minutes before finally feeling well enough to take off again. I'm thankful it didn't take a more tragic turn.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Geeez Tami...Levi is sooooo majestic looking! Awesome vid dear Lady! You go fly high Levi! ;)

Jim

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Official Entry:
[ame="https://youtu.be/_PXaoPwmGDs"]Cairo's SlowMo Flight against the Wind - YouTube[/ame]

Just for Fun blooper (bleeped):
[ame="https://youtu.be/GFOeIrpgR4A"]Cairo's Flight Blooper - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
8615E6D9-E0BB-4897-8F31-DA4190B1FBBB_zpsivctd5kc.jpeg

Loopey taking a shower in his Wingdow perch!

WOW!!! What a striking shot! Loopey is enjoying the heck out of that shower! High kicks and all! I love it!

Charmed, what beautiful flight videos! Cairo is a strong flier, and even more gorgeous in flight! And the blooper vid was hilarious! Poor Cairo!

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Charmed, what beautiful flight videos! Cairo is a strong flier, and even more gorgeous in flight! And the blooper vid was hilarious! Poor Cairo!

Yeah, I was definitely worried when that happened - unfortunately I also start nervous laughing (the point where the sound cuts in the middle is me letting out an expletive). I checked him over immediately, but he acted as if nothing went wrong. We took a break just to make sure. But since then, he learned how to time his landing just right (he'll even helicopter in place to make sure).

Most Reactions