October 2019 POTM Contest!

CallumConure

Apr 10, 2019
Central Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Callum- GCC Hatchday: October 15th, 2016
(nonparrot friends include rats, a dog, and a few reptiles :))
I'd love to get a picture of Callum with his wings slightly spread out. He, if excited (or when he's about to poo lol) will spread his wings. I'd love to get the contrast between his green and blue feathers.

I'd love to get the absolutely stunning photos like Scott posted of Gabby, just to showcase Callum's beautiful tail feathers, but Callum doesn't pose. He bites the phone.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Two more JFF. Following images captured in the same hallway.

SYuXD2n.jpg

sEK8OKX.jpg

Loving these shots, brother! Gabby has always been beautiful, but he's even more so when captured in mid-flight. Nice!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'd love to get a picture of Callum with his wings slightly spread out. He, if excited (or when he's about to poo lol) will spread his wings. I'd love to get the contrast between his green and blue feathers.

I'd love to get the absolutely stunning photos like Scott posted of Gabby, just to showcase Callum's beautiful tail feathers, but Callum doesn't pose. He bites the phone.

We're rooting for you getting those pics! We're dying to see that contrast, too!

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
This thread is making me so excited to see Jacob finally be able to fly once he gets all his wing feathers back. He can probably fly already but he just doesn't know it yet.

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
Wow, loving the photos and videos so far. Just thought that I would post a photo of Eddie this competition.
Not the best photo.. slightly out of focus.. This is the official entry photo
gemster-albums-eddie-picture21891-flying-eddie.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow, loving the photos and videos so far. Just thought that I would post a photo of Eddie this competition.

Gorgeous colors and wing extension!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Stunning entries. You all belong in National Geographic.

Meanwhile back at the ranch........................ multiple hazardous crouches under menacing flyovers finally produced this entry. The adoring giggles of my lovely missus outweighed the threatening squawks of my rival. Barely.

8vbtMo9.png

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Meanwhile back at the ranch........................ multiple hazardous crouches under menacing flyovers finally produced this entry. The adoring giggles of my lovely missus outweighed the threatening squawks of my rival. Barely.

8vbtMo9.png

Resembles wartime rendition of dive bomber zeroing in for the kill!!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Just look at those gorgeous colors on Eddie! They just pop! I'm entranced, here! That wing spread is breathtaking!

8vbtMo9.png

Hahahahahaha! Rival, you have perfectly captured the ferocity of the R.B's deadly strafing runs! I'm impressed you had the presence of mind to get the camera up in time! Consider me duly intimidated!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well done, my love. I'm cuing The Ride of the Valkyries in my mind!

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
Just for fun.
I can post this right?

My big, dog-like "bird" showing off his wings.

These photos are from 2 years ago, I don't remember who put the wings on him, but it was adorable.
cbb89c31957c0b7a9a0d56b1e54d38fb.jpg
88c65eeadf5afce449b3cef0acbfc2cd.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy s8

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
Just for fun.
I can post this right?

These photos are from 2 years ago, I don't remember who put the wings on him, but it was adorable.

Sent from my Galaxy s8

I've got a similar picture, it was my previous pitbull wearing angel wings and a halo, the way she was laying would make a perfect calender photo. I'll post it once I find it, I sure miss that dog!

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
Just for fun.
I can post this right?

Sent from my Galaxy s8

I think your bird is artistic or something. :p

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Just for fun.
I can post this right?

Sent from my Galaxy s8

Yes indeed, you can post this! And I'm glad you did! It's exactly what the Just For Fun category was made for. Love this one! Brought a smile to my face.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Hey all! Keep those entries coming! The month is winding down, but we have lots of room for more of our winged angels!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, angels of so many kinds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm running out of ink printing these cuties off for my bulletin board...

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Down to the last few days, everyone! Let's see those angels!

Most Reactions