Status
Not open for further replies.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Martina, this month's theme is awesome! You've kicked off your first POTM with a bang, my friend!

And I'm so loving the entries so far! Incredible!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Question for Rozalka and Heedless: Are you ladies SURE you don't want to post an official entry? Your birdies are so gorgeous! I hope you will :)

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Question for Rozalka and Heedless: Are you ladies SURE you don't want to post an official entry? Your birdies are so gorgeous! I hope you will :)
I'll think if not to post something other ;)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yay!! Rozal-KA, ROZAL-KA, ROZAL-KA!!!

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I thought this seemed fitting, two little devils!
My entry:
Arctic and Squiggles started a little squabble over who got to come out first.
197e36497a9f555166dd97947c36beec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My entry:

Thanks for entering!

Are you sure they're arguing about who goes first? I think maybe the conversation is more like, "After you", "No, you go first", "No, I insist, after YOU!!" What a devilishly cute little pair of sweeties!

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies

My entry:

Thanks for entering!

Are you sure they're arguing about who goes first? I think maybe the conversation is more like, "After you", "No, you go first", "No, I insist, after YOU!!" What a devilishly cute little pair of sweeties!
Passive-aggressively fighting over who got to go first.
The photo is a screen shot from a video I took, it resulted in Squiggles (green) coming out first.

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
My submission for this month: Scomo guarding his lady in the nest

Scomo and his partner Jenny have since laid 3 eggs, and Scomo knows he must protect them with all his might. Get on his bad side and you'll get a nasty bite :eek:

DX9cqj9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Scomo and his partner Jenny have since laid 3 eggs, and Scomo knows he must protect them with all his might. Get on his bad side and you'll get a nasty bite :eek:

DX9cqj9.jpg

Oh Noah, thank you for your entry, and for the wonderful news! Congratulations on becoming a grandfather - again - although you are way too young :) No doubt Scomo will make the perfect doting daddy and would fight like the devil himself to protect his lady-love, I wouldn't want to cross him!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My entry:

All I see are two loveable angels, but OK, for the sake of contest one is a bit devilish!!:D

DX9cqj9.jpg

So happy to see Jenny and Scomo about to become proud parents!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
My official entry is Zenek being an angel:
displayimage.php

Thank you Rozalka! Oh Zenek, my darling Polish nephew, what a perfect little cherub you are, even your temper tantrums are adorable :)

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

DX9cqj9.jpg

Oh Noah, thank you for your entry, and for the wonderful news! Congratulations on becoming a grandfather - again - although you are way too young :) No doubt Scomo will make the perfect doting daddy and would fight like the devil himself to protect his lady-love, I wouldn't want to cross him!

I love this picture. I want to cut out him in the Dark circle of the nest, and make into a Christmas ornament!!!
Congratulations hoping for adorable blue babies!!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
WIN_20190907_16_05_15_Pro (2).jpg
angel and demon- you choose which is which lol!

25086d1602022550-october-2020-potm-contest-win_20190907_16_05_15_pro-2-.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
View attachment 25086
angel and demon- you choose which is which lol!

25086d1602022550-october-2020-potm-contest-win_20190907_16_05_15_pro-2-.jpg

lol
Frankly they both look sweet, look at tge smile on your ghost!
I love Noodles floofy cheeks

That's the face she makes when she is trying to convince people to trust her "small-beaked"-self..The second those feathers go back (assuming this is day 2-3 of your acquaintance), REMOVE YOUR HAND IF YOU DON'T KNOW HER LOL (UNLESS YOU ARE A CHILD LOL or a dog...or a favorite person lol- if that is the case, LEAVE IT AND FEEL NO FEAR IF YOU WANT ADMISSION TO HER CLUB LOL! )-She's cool with everyone until it feels like they are moving in ha! MY younger sister is on-board now, to the point where she understands my "small beak" jokes-- we call this the Thomas Jefferson face, but it's so funny how she turns it on and then turns it off (depending on the person-- like that Jurassic Park spraying dinosaur lol)-- She is really sweet to all people for the first day or so , but then she wants to initiate you into the flock, and that takes some work..Initiate stress test--- certain people DO fail her stress test, she is never sure who she wants long-term without testing (excluding kids) lol! I will say, she is GREAT with strangers if I am around, but it's once she decides to take the relationship to the next level that she gets weird and wants to test them out lol!
She reminds me of a character on a reality show, because she totally draws people in and then takes it up a notch to test them lol! Thankfully, when you are in, you are in...and if you are a kid or a dog, you are automatically in ha (for now...)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts