Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
They get more cute every time you post a new pick! The babies that is.... the forumla, not as cute lol

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They tolerate me very well, I guess it's because I handle them everyday from the nest box. Been handling them since the day they hatched. I have to find a different spot to feed them, where I was feeding them there's a vent right above me and it was making the babies cold....Soon enough they'll be fully feathered. So far I think 3 are greys and one is a pied. Unexpected coloring!

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
They are very sweet, looking better everyday. Alot darker than I expected. What do the parents think of you taking their babies?

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Beautiful babies!! The pied one looks to be very light pied. Congrats!
Those are hard to come by. I'm looking for a wf light pied to pair wih my blu.
Been working on getting saddle backs. wf pearl {heavy} pied(SMP). 'Symmetrical pied'
Also I use than same syringe for babies under 2 weeks. Lol. Again beautiful clutch!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
This is the father Max!

574865523_photobucket_15125_.jpg

This is the mother Sybil!

574865523_photobucket_43626_.jpg

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
They are very sweet, looking better everyday. Alot darker than I expected. What do the parents think of you taking their babies?

They're ok, the momma is over worked and thin. She needs time to herself now to gain some weight back. :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yes they're growing up nicely!!! :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
From left to right, 25, 21, 23, and 19 Days Old

2011-08-20_22-10-34_484.jpg

Hochimama

May 5, 2011
Malaysia
Parrots
{used to have} Fisher LoveBird, PeachFace Lovebird, Albino Indian RingNeck {used to have}
Thanks for sharing Mikey.. they are lovely ~~ ^^

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Oh my goodness...my heart just melts...look at those little sweeties! Amazing how fast they grow isn't it?

Golly, Max is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've never seen a tiel colored like that. And Sybil...what a dear :)

I wonder if any of them will molt out and be colored more like Daddy?

Toni

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I think all 3 grey babies are girls and the pied is the only boy. That's from peeking under baby#1's wing feathers tonight. Once baby #3 the only pied baby gets more feathers in, I would know for sure. Soon enough they'll be flying....oh boy, the time I really don't enjoy....They're cuter when they're not flying....lol

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Oh my goodness...my heart just melts...look at those little sweeties! Amazing how fast they grow isn't it?

Golly, Max is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've never seen a tiel colored like that. And Sybil...what a dear :)

I wonder if any of them will molt out and be colored more like Daddy?

Toni

Yea they grow fast. Been sooooo long since I've raised any....None will look like daddy, 3 are greys and one pied. They're precious right now, give them another week then they won't be so precious until they're weaned....lol....It is the time that drive me up the walls many years ago....When you have multiple babies flying towards you to beg for food, it's kinda crazy....lol

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
I've never raised birds so I didn't know if they change color with molting the first time.

I can only imagine the craziness that surrounds you when the little flyers are hungry, wear a hat so they can't get caught up in your hair! hahahhaha!

Toni

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I've never raised birds so I didn't know if they change color with molting the first time.

I can only imagine the craziness that surrounds you when the little flyers are hungry, wear a hat so they can't get caught up in your hair! hahahhaha!

Toni

IF the greys are boys, then they will change color with their first major molt. Their head will turn yellow and bright orange cheek patch. Same with Pearl and Cinnamon Males, change to Grey when they go through their molt.

When they're flying around hungry, they'll get food from whatever body part on you, nose, lips, ears, hands, etc....lol

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Definitely, we'll call it "attack of the hungry cockatiels" featuring Mikey. lol They are so sweet & look healthy. Feathers & everything, they look like birds now. Can't wait to see them fly. You're right, everything gets interesting when they can fly to you.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Interesting it is....it is the time I dread cause they're such a pain to feed when they wiggle everywhere. Lol...

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Lol!! Tell me about it. I'm only feeding one right now and he's attempting to fly every feeding. I have 4 on the way and I remember last year with each clutch and every baby would fly while one was fed. Essp when they rather fly and not eat lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts