Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Chaz made it through the night!!
When we tried to give him his heart pill last night, he started gasping for air and you could literally see his heart beating in his tiny chest. We made the decision to start his heart meds this morning, and he took it is a little piece of cheese. The vet said it would be better without food, but to use food for now to keep from stressing him during the crisis. He took the liquid Lasix with no trouble.
He seems to be resting easier this morning. I could barely sleep last night, so afraid he would be gone when I woke up. I spent most of the night just touching him and looking at his sweet, little face.
He got up this morning and drank some water and peed for a long time, so the Lasix must be doing it's thing. He also doesn't look as puffy as he did last night.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers...I cannot tell you what it means to me.
Please keep the prayers coming.
This is my baby boy:)

terry57-albums-my-furry-babies-picture10635-chaz-monfer.jpg

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Nnnnaaawww.....look at that precious face! :) I'm so relieved he's made it through the night, Terry!

He's on some excellent drugs! I truly hope and pray that he continues to get better. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Poor baby!!!!! I'll definitely have Chaz in my prayers! How old is he? Our chihuahua Bucky is 10 years old or so. Never got his papers they promised and he's been with us for 8 years.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Chazzie is 7, will be turning 8 the first of April.
He is going to get every toy under the sun for his birthday this year.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
You just dealt with a passing not long ago....this must of taken you by surprise.....the older my dogs get thr more I worry....I'll be devastated when the day comes.....

Aphios

Mar 13, 2014
I live in the mountains on a farm. It is so much
Parrots
I have 2 conures. One is a Sun named Mango who is my little gymnast and he is two years old. Kiwi, a mischievous little Green Cheek is one and a half.
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I had a wonderful German Shepherd once and was and still am heart broken that she died. I will most certainly pray for you and for Chaz. Please let me know when there is progress. I am confident that God will answer all of our prayers, and while the answer may not be what is hoped for we will pray it is and will be confident that whatever happens is for the best. :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Michael, it was only last Tuesday night when we lost Tequila.
This has caught me completely off guard, it had never even occurred to me that something like this would happen to one of the boys. Memphis is our oldest dog, and he is only turning 10 this year.
Chaz is the baby, and we never even considered that we would be facing the possibility of him not being here now.
But he is strong, and I believe in him. He is going to make it, I cannot even think of the alternative.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Absolutely be strong and think of the positive!!! I'm sure Chaz will pull through just fine! ;)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Wook at dat schweet face!!!! Aww!!! So glad to hear he made it through the night!!

Still praying for him!! He's a tough little guy! I know he'll come through this :)

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Terry so glad Chaz made it through the night. I am glad the medicine is helping some. You both are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I am so sorry for the loss of Tequila. Please know we are all praying for you and Chaz. Keep us posted. He has a good Mommy who is doing all the right things and he knows it.

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Aleta - Pineapple GCC (Hatch date July 2 2013), Fry & Sprite - Budgies
Terry - I haven't been on. So sorry to hear about Chaz. I know how heartbreaking itcan be to have a very sick puppy. I'm glad to hear its going better. My thoughts are with you guys. <3

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Terry, I'm so glad to hear Chaz made it through last night, and is doing alright. He is so adorable. Hang in there both of you :)

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Tell Chaz he has a new support group and we'll all be sending him birthday presents, so he has to get all better to be ready for his April birthday bash!!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Chaz must have heard you, Jen - he just ate a little for the first time since day before yesterday. He had that little bit of cheese this morning with his pill, but that was it.
He seems better to me this afternoon, and has been cuddling with me and waging his tail a little.
I am feeling a little more hopeful now:)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I'm so glad that he's responded to his medication and is feeling better. Go Chaz, go! Keep responding and get completely well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts