Please pray for Chaz

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this Terry, I will be praying for Chaz as well as for you to be able to cope with what ever the out come will be.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
awwww, wagging the tail is a great sign Terry!....oh I feel for you, it is so stressful isn't it?
keeping him in my prayers that he continues to improve!!

he is a total doll!!!!!
xoxoxo

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so glad to hear that Chaz is showing signs of improvement! A lot of prayers have gone up on his behalf... and on yours. He's a cute little guy. And I'm betting he has the heart of a lion! He'll fight his way through this, Terry.

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Today's update is good! Chaz seems to be feeling much better, and the puffiness he had has gone down a lot. He is taking his medicine without too much of a fight.
He wanted to go outside today, so I carried him down the stairs and let him out, and he peed out there, then i had to go get him as his heart was pounding. But he calmed right down after a few minutes cuddling with him:)
He is starting to seem like his usual self. I know we have a lifetime of maintenance, and changes to our life style as well, but we can handle anything as long as we can keep him healthy as possible:)
He goes back to the vet on Friday as long as things don't go downhill again (which I don't think they will).
I cannot tell you what is has meant to me to read your posts and best wishes for us all. You have all helped keep me sane, and there are no words to express my appreciation:)

DustytheDusky

Mar 9, 2014
Upstate New York
Parrots
Dusty the Dusky Conure
Im so sorry for everything that is going on to Chaz and your family right now! He will be in my thoughts. I hope everything goes well at the Vets on friday.

<3

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
So happy to hear that he's feeling better, Terry. Praying for your little guy to get better soon.

Aphios

Mar 13, 2014
I live in the mountains on a farm. It is so much
Parrots
I have 2 conures. One is a Sun named Mango who is my little gymnast and he is two years old. Kiwi, a mischievous little Green Cheek is one and a half.
I am so glad for you both! I will keep you in my prayers and hope that there is such an amazing improvement in Chaz's health that he will be in even better health afterward then he was before!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Its Chaz checkin time :) how is baby boy doing tonight?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He is doing well, thank you so much for asking:)
He is sleeping right now, but has been a lot more active today than before, so that must be a good sign:) I will tell him his Auntie Jen checked in :) I think he may be excited about his upcoming birthday party!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
that is great news Terry!

I am so happy for you that he is improving slowly but surely.

give mr.Chaz scratches and pat on the head from Auntie Beth
xoxo

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Terry, I'm so glad to hear that the meds are working. I really hope your little sweetie continues to improve asap and feel better :)

Sadie13

Jan 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Mango Beak-Eclectus,
Red- CAG,
Opal- LSC2,
Porkchop- Yellow sided GCC
sorry i have been MIA... i've had my hands full lately..
I just wanted to say i am so sorry you are going through this right now. Sorry i wasn't there to offer my support earlier like you have been for me!

i read through though and i am very happy to hear your lil pup is making improvements! i will be thinking about you both and many prayers for continued progress and having a happy healthy pupper soon!!!!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Chaz has been doing much better, until last night. He spit out part of the Lasix, and I was afraid to give more since I couldn't tell how much he lost. He coughed last night and woke me up coughing this morning, for the first time since this started. Yesterday before his dose was due, he was laying on the bed and playing with Memphis, just kind of open mouthed playing, and after a couple of minutes he started to hack. So he can't even play quietly right now:(
He did get his full dose this morning, and hasn't coughed since. I pray that is what happened and he will not lose any other doses, I figured out how to make sure of that.
I am waiting for the vet to call back now.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Just heard from the vet, and she said it is normal for him to still cough some now...whew.
His dose stays the same and i just have to make sure that he gets it all down.
Here is a pic of him and Memphis while they were playing last night..I find I am constantly taking pictures of him now.

chazzie015_zps2aed78bf.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts