Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
OMG ! That is funny ! Doesnt seem like any cage or lock can hold Neleno in , lolol.
I guess this is what I have to look forward to , lolol. I have Border Collies and their intelligence is beyond normal !
Watching TV one night I happened to look towards my computer and saw once of my dogs sitting on my computer chair looking very intently at it , so I went over to see what she could possibly be "watching" and it was my screen saver that has fish swimming around , lololol.
I might have to second think this before I bring one of these birds home ! Between the parrots and my dogs , I think I should hide the truck keys , laptop , and a few other items , lolol. :D

thebirdnerd

Dec 28, 2010
Parrots
Whitefaced Pied Male Tiel- official greeter at the Rainbow Bridge, forever in our hearts,
Turquoise Mutation IRN,
Congo African Grey- please come home to us,
Blue mutation IRN
I would definitely go with the stainless.. A hyacinth could easily chew off the powdercoating..I once saw a harlequin macaw take the powdercoating off a large brand new Kings cage with no problem.

OP
luvmytooo

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Thank you to everybody for their suggestions. I have more insight now about which cages I should consider.
This is one of the friendliest groups of people I have encountered in a forum. Everybody is so helpful :)
I have been visiting the albums and getting to know exactly how to manuver around the website . If I have not thanked anybody or replied , I apologize , I am a bit overwhelmed with all the topics and stories that I easily become engrossed in another and forget to go back to the origional one , lolol.
Please be patient with me , I promise to get the hang of all this very soon :)
Thanks again for all your wonderful help :)

JJones1719

Mar 9, 2011
Media
MD
Parrots
7 Year old SI Eclectus named Guapo, I have a 6 year old GW Macaw named Neleno
Neleno is a handful but I wouldn't want him anyother way.lol.
Macaws will keep you on your toes.

Love the story about your Border Collie. I am so amazed on what Animals will pick up on. Sometimes they are human like.

I just don't understand sometimes when I see people who abuse their animals or see the birds in rescues. If I had the money, they all would be taken in and cared for.

Best of luck with you and enjoy all posts. Thanks Joe

KBEquine

May 19, 2011
South-central PA
Parrots
From little to big - currently 6 Linnies; 2 Budgies; 1 BHP; 2 CAGs; 2 Zons; 1 GWM. Formerly in the flock: 1 LSC2 [fostered/rehomed] RIP: 1 budgie 1 WCP & 1 sweet Pan Am
My rehomed GW came with a stainless steel A&E cage because he is too hard on other cages. It is earthquake-proof. It also is a single piece, i.e., it is a good thing we've got a double front door. But it is sitting in my office & not in the birdroom because while it (barely) made it into the hallway, it did NOT make the curve into the birdroom.

So my recommendation is SS, but measure carefully, or get one that comes apart.

OP
luvmytooo

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
That's good to know.. Wow , good thing the cage fit into your office !
Yes , I am looking at the one that comes apart , which is a good idea if I have to send part of it to get repaired :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts