Recommendations for a play stand/perch...

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I really do love the macaws. I got one on Sunday - a Severe - and I already have him spoiled. I hate the time though that I have to have him in quarantine (but I understand it). I want to have him out with me playing every night.

OP
D

denaz101

Nov 23, 2014
Asheville NC
Parrots
Hahns Macaw
I really do love the macaws. I got one on Sunday - a Severe - and I already have him spoiled. I hate the time though that I have to have him in quarantine (but I understand it). I want to have him out with me playing every night.

I am fairly new at this, why do you have to have a quarantine?

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
We aren't sure of his environment that he came from and the diseases that might have been in the home or his blood, body, feces, etc. So to protect my other birds (I have other birds - sorry that's kind of important) I should keep him away from my other birds for 30 days and longer if the vet says so. He is at the vet right now getting an exam and other tests done.

There is more to the quarantine so if you ever have to do a quarantine please look it up on line before bringing another bird into your home.

OP
D

denaz101

Nov 23, 2014
Asheville NC
Parrots
Hahns Macaw
We aren't sure of his environment that he came from and the diseases that might have been in the home or his blood, body, feces, etc. So to protect my other birds (I have other birds - sorry that's kind of important) I should keep him away from my other birds for 30 days and longer if the vet says so. He is at the vet right now getting an exam and other tests done.

There is more to the quarantine so if you ever have to do a quarantine please look it up on line before bringing another bird into your home.

Thanks Dopey, this is the only bird we are going to own, for now that is but thanks for the quarantine info just in case.

Most Reactions

Latest posts