Sally's Car Seat

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I didn't realize I had a photo of this.

I realize some of you have strongly held opinions on birds riding in the car without carriers. We already had that discussion and don't need to rehash that one here...

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I think its great !! Wish mine would stay on one [ they climb on my shoulder ] lol

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
That is awesome. Buddy wouldn't stay though, he'd be on my shoulder, he just has to be on my shoulder. I've been using his travel cage when we have the dogs with us in the car. The dogs don't mess with him but I wouldn't put it past the bulldog to sit on him (I'm serious, he almost sat on a baby chihuahua Monday), or one of the dogs to snap at him or vice versa.

What do you put under her, a towel?

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Either a towel, or a blanket. Usually a towel.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Either a towel, or a blanket. Usually a towel.

All of mine are "stay put" trained.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
How awesome! I feel like she's better at staying in her seat than most small children I know.. :D

That's why they put the straps on those...

Actually, if you have a bird that's harness trained, you could probably adjust the harness in such a way that they wouldn't hit the dash, and couldn't get on your shoulder...

I've always thought the birdie car seat/leash concept would work, especially if you had a locking retractible leash... for the ultimate out and about bird!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I worst than you birdman,,,
[ame=http://youtu.be/i7J2JDPAUeo]Capt and Jake.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Lol, nice!!!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Sally sure looks ready to go! Neat little stand, though I question the mess factor when dishes are provided in a moving car;) Kiwi has ridden on the headrest and on hubby's lap before on short trips around the block (he LOVES car rides), but now that he has the bird backpack (which can buckle right in) it functions as an excellent birdie car seat:) And since he's not a shouldered bird, it's easy to just take the backpack out and put it on so we're ready to go. When he was a much younger bird, my moms GCA rode cross country (NY to AZ) on the headrest of her seat, dropping seeds down her shirt the whole way:52:

Henpecked- I love that video! Quite the unique "necklace" you have going on there. I love the one-of a kind "gem":D The bond between you and Jake is amazing!

Since we're all sharing-

0411141716r_zps2bd18739.jpg

Last edited:

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
That's awesome!

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Great pics/video from all! Thanks for sharing! They are all such beautiful fids!

Most Reactions

Latest posts