Scout's New Game

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Scout is my Turquoise IRN, and he just learned a new game - how to use the ceiling fan as a merry-go-round. We live in a rented house, or we would remove the fans entirely, but they are never turned on and everyone in the house is really good at remembering (my sister and I both grew up with birds and my husband things they are a waste of electricity). Right now Scout and Blue (my Blue IRN) are flying around the bird room getting into mischief, and Scout landed on the fan, and it began to slowly turn. His eyes started pinning furiously! When the fan slowed, he flew off and back again, so that it was a faster ride, spurred by his momentum. He has done this about 4 times now.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I tried to get one, but my phone doesn't take them, and he LOVES the camera - by that I mean he loves to sit on the camera... so I can only take pictures when he is not looking. As soon as he saw I had it out he quit riding the fan and came to check it out. He is a VERY smart bird! I almost didnt buy him, and now I am SO glad we did!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I believe that about almost every bird that has ever entered my life. Their have been a couple that were not good fits at all and we found them homes where they would be happier, but for the most part bringing a new bird home seems to always be accompanied by the feeling of "How was I ever happy without you in my life?" (Just now Scout tried to throw his little ball at my dog - it would have worked if he weren't in the cage!)

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Ha ha! My tiel learned the very same game recently. It's so fun to watch!

Most Reactions

Latest posts