Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
Official photo

gemster-albums-gemma-picture21707-gemma-grooming-herself.jpeg

Gemma after bathing ��

That is just such a beautiful photo, I love it!

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
Official photo

gemster-albums-gemma-picture21707-gemma-grooming-herself.jpeg

Gemma after bathing ��

That is just such a beautiful photo, I love it!

I really love your video as I once had a blue and gold and I admired it when he so slowly and accurately scratched his own head. I always found it so boring how my budgies scratch themselves. :D
Thank you for your kind words Valyndris.:)

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
HEEDLESS
Wow Lilly...how does Kise ever have time to groom with such a spectacular array of toys etc!!! She is wonderful Lilly.:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Oh my, such beautiful entries and in the very first day of the contest.

Excellent theme, Scott! And that super sweet photo of your gorgeous Toos, they are darlings.

Ellie777australia, Debbie, could you be enjoying Levi’s new status that keeps him from being a contestant just a tiny little bit too much? Just asking.

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
Just for fun, Jacob when he was a baby (I consider anything under 3 a baby) grooming his head.
A0K4FSm.jpg

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Oh my, such beautiful entries and in the very first day of the contest.

Excellent theme, Scott! And that super sweet photo of your gorgeous Toos, they are darlings.

Ellie777australia, Debbie, could you be enjoying Levi’s new status that keeps him from being a contestant just a tiny little bit too much? Just asking.

ABSOLUTELY! :D However, please keep posting the jff EXTRAORDINARY COMPETITION WINNING photos Tami2, I love them.:). On that note, now that Levi is out of competition, I might enter one of my babes in the comp this month LOL.;)

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Yes indeed Lilly...that's why we are all soooooo happy that Tami2 can't play any more!:56::p:D

ABSOLUTELY! :D However, please keep posting the jff EXTRAORDINARY COMPETITION WINNING photos Tami2, I love them.:). On that note, now that Levi is out of competition, I might enter one of my babes in the comp this month LOL.;)

Heeeeey, now who's the meany? :D

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Those last two images of Gemma & Jacob are amazing!

Love Love Love this month's theme Scott!! :heart:

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yes indeed Lilly...that's why we are all soooooo happy that Tami2 can't play any more!:56::p:D

Heeeeey, now who's the meany? :D

LOL...just too much fun around here:D

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
True to form...now that Levi is out of the Competition my Bertie was right on cue this morning in posing for his Mommy. :D

FYI - Bertie is 5 1/2 yo and has been home with us for 2 months today. Yipee. He had always made heads his favourite landing platform in the past. I bought a baseball cap and we have now been successful in ~95% shoulder landings. Mommy forgot her baseball cap this morning and my boy decided to take advantage of the opportunity!
FRc1cDI.jpg

Last edited:

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
True to form...now that Levi is out of the Competition my Bertie was right on cue this morning in posing for his Mommy. :D

FYI - Bertie is 5 1/2 yo and has been home with us for 2 months today. Yipee. He had always made heads his favourite landing platform in the past. I bought a baseball cap and we have now been successful in ~95% shoulder landings. Mommy forgot her baseball cap this morning and my boy decided to take advantage of the opportunity!
FRc1cDI.jpg

The BEST groomer ever~~~~ :D :D

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

FRc1cDI.jpg

Lovely image, Bertie the expert cosmetologist will adjust your hair, one strand at a time!

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
How an earth am I ever going to choose between all my Sunny skritches and grooming photos!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Wow, wow how many great photos in so short time!

I think Zenek's vid of petting is more cute but I'll choose the bath vid - 'cause probably more matches as "grooming" and hadn't been in POTM yet (the petting vid had been);)

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Wow, wow how many great photos in so short time!

I think Zenek's vid of petting is more cute but I'll choose the bath vid - 'cause probably more matches as "grooming" and hadn't been in POTM yet (the petting vid had been);)
Your choice, Rozalka! Please know this is supposed to be more fun than a precise science.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

How an earth am I ever going to choose between all my Sunny skritches and grooming photos!
Gonna be hard to choose, Hannah! Feel free to post the others as JFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts