September 2019 POTM Contest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
Meg the Indian Ringneck, Drogon the BF Amazon, Leia the Alexandrine, Donnie the YC Amazon
My official one is going to have to be this old favorite of mine, of me and Miley working together on grooming Alaska (both of whom have since passed away, RIP)
tumblr_na28srofu01sppe1to1_1280.png

But I'll also have to include these more recent "just for fun" ones!
tumblr_pgb8d3DiqO1sppe1to2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pf9p9qRrH11sppe1to3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pelhixZuGD1sppe1to2_1280.jpg

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My official one is going to have to be this old favorite of mine, of me and Miley working together on grooming Alaska (both of whom have since passed away, RIP)

Beautiful images, so sorry Miley and Alaska have passed.

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
22964d1567484382-september-2019-potm-contest-20190803_120148.jpg

View attachment 22964

I'll make this my official entry unless I get a better picture, I took this one a month and a half ago of branch and poppy taking turns preening each other as I got ready for the day. Cage was cleaned later that day so no judging the mess please!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Scott, I'm LOVING this month's inspired theme AND your JFF entry! Always a beautiful thing to see your 'toos, brother!

My official entry, of course it will be a video because I take tons of videos of Jacob, here he is giving himself a head scratch outside in the sunlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4s5TXT1zc

Hahahahaha! Jacob is enjoying the heck out of that self-applied head rub! Nice! Beautiful plumage too, btw.

Here is my babyKise grooming herself~ ^_^ :D :D
h80mMr39rBZzzOEhSCdJ8U0lvfitJbKm57hzRdt1rUlFbsuL_mRWtcE4xJNOlnpSQJ73DMcha1zlTU_3883nRqh6zyaRSfIGaFXHaqpP2pRcMHJ0jV2Uw8UCuXHPoUBjyDN70GX3-saVW8BJl8ABeo_-zshAra65b1QC1lx5Yc-ekWkEI2c0WWHnq9QnqqKYAKNTl6f75Qocy86LnBXq20aUVrkb5DUEcQDCkp2TVWpwYe0ycoEQAMkH1sIi7LKiV92c3ScXAPq7PYpHTBO9UOhfVzj5h_7lyvbEr_6b2EDE2o6gSQGyHarIeQW0x1XycEURCHIRcmKOUdbSPjc6G7thNC7SkcJHJzayznMzdL58mQMPbUm-iJ67saZBMBiatkfuORDiNl8iIexKzcyNI-8QxvPyrRD9jqqHBI49Xnie9H8M5FL8K2XJwm2GPyFW8GU5BoTH0oQcHY2O2Q6gUiX12rZOEcqGU57qAhEhEVS6R5cwjmrXK22Jx4pKgX-nZiIpF2dIRVKV-Ie3BRWPGNnGI4Ervyz4TNdAbeDuNBTObrs6_z9F40A4-a7J9kpMFRGaRUaVn4Mcp2_4_6aSJsQ2Gj-FX4648sIF1wM-xw18Vye5LNOr9ZCUsLsfVxlZxOGcxKihrMyxWTtH-Fesm0R--7PhyTqpR84h7gNP4z4qfm2xdCb2Y0ZI3QE3o3jB4Nnkmx_ja5236TmVDF3QnSdGQSHpw4zOrSuOhLE1Jwx4BEOuSA=w1415-h789-no

Great grooming shot of Kise handling her business! And, as always, I'm floored by the play area you've set up for her. Wow!

*~*JUST FOR FUN*~*

tami2-albums-levi-picture18692-jun-7165-w.jpg

Tami, your photography skills always make me swoon! Damn, you're good! And it definitely doesn't hurt to have such a beautiful subject, either! Please give Levi a scritch or three from me.

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
The google translator says a synonym of "grooming" is "cleaning" - I think taking a bath also is as grooming?
Zenek w umywalce - YouTube

... and seing Jacob's vid I am little confused if petting also is as grooming?

Petting (for POTM contest) - YouTube
When I will be sure if videos of Zenek above show grooming, I'll decide which is my official entry;)

I loved both of these videos! Zenek is such a character! That petting vid is just the embodiment of bliss, though. Brought such a smile to my face!

Official photo

gemster-albums-gemma-picture21707-gemma-grooming-herself.jpeg

Gemma after bathing ��

This shot of Gemma is just stunning! Wow! My compliments both to the photographer and the VERY photogenic subject!

Just for fun, Jacob when he was a baby (I consider anything under 3 a baby) grooming his head.
A0K4FSm.jpg

What a sweet pic of Jacob! And you can tell he knows it, too! Showoff! Lol!

True to form...now that Levi is out of the Competition my Bertie was right on cue this morning in posing for his Mommy. :D

FYI - Bertie is 5 1/2 yo and has been home with us for 2 months today. Yipee. He had always made heads his favourite landing platform in the past. I bought a baseball cap and we have now been successful in ~95% shoulder landings. Mommy forgot her baseball cap this morning and my boy decided to take advantage of the opportunity!
FRc1cDI.jpg

Hahahahaha! Oh, I love this! Bertie just KNOWS he is a master hairdresser, doesn't he? Don't you love how they just swoop in at any given opportunity? Hilarity!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Every single one of these is absolutely awesome, but that first one! Wow. That is just beautiful. Such a loving moment captured, frozen, in time. I love it. I'm so sorry for your loss of Miley and Alaska. As your photo most expressively shows, they both knew they were loved, and they loved in return. That is the hallmark of a life well lived.

View attachment 22964

I'll make this my official entry unless I get a better picture, I took this one a month and a half ago of branch and poppy taking turns preening each other as I got ready for the day. Cage was cleaned later that day so no judging the mess please!

What a sweet shot of them both! They're really serious about their work, too! You can see that neither one is slacking in their grooming duties!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Tami, your photography skills always make me swoon! Damn, you're good! And it definitely doesn't hurt to have such a beautiful subject, either! Please give Levi a scritch or three from me.

Thank you so much Anansi, I will certainly do that! 🥰

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

View attachment 22964

Nice to see progress leading to grooming! And there are two kinds of cages.... those freshly cleaned, and a snapshot five minutes later!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Hahahahaha! So true, Scott!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
22972d1567652506-september-2019-potm-contest-20190904_205911.jpg

View attachment 22972

And of course I get a better picture for play time tonight, void the first picture please, and enter poppy enjoying her neck scratches, she has some itchy pin feathers coming in! :D

Look at the contentment on that face! Awww!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

22972d1567652506-september-2019-potm-contest-20190904_205911.jpg

View attachment 22972

And of course I get a better picture for play time tonight, void the first picture please, and enter poppy enjoying her neck scratches, she has some itchy pin feathers coming in! :D
Wow, the ultimate position of trust!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This month is already full of amazing pics, I love all of them!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
This is a collage I made of the Missus' sun-up photos of her stinker as he prepares himself for yet another day of her pesky adoration. Must be rough. I wouldn't know.
Oh and by the way, I do believe that this is the first time I have ever used the word collage, much less made one. :38:
MTJCaGV.png

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

This is a collage I made of the Missus' sun-up photos of her stinker as he prepares himself for yet another day of her pesky adoration. Must be rough. I wouldn't know.
Oh and by the way, I do believe that this is the first time I have ever used the word collage, much less made one. :38:
MTJCaGV.png

The sarcasm is delicious, Rb would be so happy!! :D

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
At last! A contest has succeeded in calling forth an element of refinement in the Rickeybird's Rival. Collage, indeed. Well, lahhh dee dahhh!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
MTJCaGV.png

Hahahahaha! Hilarity! Rival, you never disappoint! Great collage!

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Paris (RB cockatoo/Galah)
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
Soooo many contented faces.. I'll throw my little orange mans happy zone in the mix.
I can't pick what is his fav.. sleeping in my top, or head scritches! Head scritches while snoozing in my top is Sunny's idea of Heaven!!
:orange::orange::orange:

carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture21725-sunny-grooming.jpg

carolinebradley-albums-july-potm-picture21725-sunny-grooming.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
RivaL, I'm surprized you can even spell that, much less use it properly.
Well done though Sir, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts