So excited!!!!

K4rest

Jun 30, 2013
Parrots
Loki - Yellowside Green Cheek
Well, I've had Loki for 4 weeks now and its certainly been a joyful learning experience. He's certainly making wonderful progress from the cranky, molting little cutie we brought home 4 weeks ago.

He's stepping up almost without command now. I'm seeing him raise his foot more often than not now. He's starting to respond to vocalizations and i swear he's trying to say "i love you". (most likely my imagination, but hey, mommie's hear what they want to hear).

Last night when i came home from work, i got the most excited (and loud) greeting from my Loki since we've had him. He head bobs all the time when i have him out and nearby and flys to me now (we plan on letting him be fully flighted when his feathers come back in)

He's even started foraging a bit. We've been trying to encourage him and i made my first homemade foraging toy. I'll try to post some pictures tonight when i get home.

Just had to share my excitement with my fellow birdie mommies and daddies on here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!!

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Jacob a sun conure who found me!
You are such a good birdy momma.. :) I understand the excitement, development in a beloved companion is amazing!!!

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
Good for you. Our bird bring so much happiness in our life.

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Yay!!! That is so exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you!

OP
K4rest

K4rest

Jun 30, 2013
Parrots
Loki - Yellowside Green Cheek
Thank you all so much. I did alot of research before i finally picked up my little baby and i learned a lot of info from people on here! It feels good to be able to share and hopefully help someone else the way you all helped me.

Most Reactions