Stainless steel/aluminum cages

LoriP

Jul 18, 2009
Honduras
Parrots
White Cap Pionus "Snoopy"
I have been wanting a stainless steel cage for some time. Although the cage I now have is only about 3 years old it is starting to rust (we live fairly near the sea.) Plus the other day I saw Snoopy briefly biting a bar of her cage (she has not done this before) so now I am worried about metal toxicity. So my husband and I decided to bite the bullet and give each other a new cage for Christmas. I found basically what I want (size and style) on eBay and was about to order when I found a review of the cage (made by A&E, sold by Wayfair) which was AWFUL! So back to the drawing board. This has left me a bit afraid to shop around for fear of getting the same cage by a different name. Decided to check Kings as I know they have a good rep. They do not have the style I want (play top with toy hook) in stainless, but do have it in aluminum. Anyone have any thoughts on aluminum cages (which would be cheaper and I assume lighter), OR where I can find a good quality SS cage in the style I want? The cage I now have is 23X30X30 (interior) but could go a bit smaller (My bird is a small white cap Pionus and out of the cage most of the time, anyway) but no bigger as we have moved into a smaller house since we bought the one we have now and it barely fits

deshud

Jul 13, 2013
Parrots
1 parrotlett
1 whitecapped pi
soon 1 blue headed pi
I have researched aluminum cages vrs stainless steel cages(kings cages) I live in canada, need to buy online from the states and have it shipped. SS is out of the question. I have heard good reviews from aluminum steel cages. I recently purchased a small aluminum travel cage, very light, and very easy to put together. My next purchase will be a larger aluminum cage from kings

Most Reactions

Latest posts