Well It's Official! *Pics*

Fae88

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Bruno (male Grey Cockatiel, under a year old)
I know I haven't posted in awhile and wanted to explain why I no longer have Skittles (Love Bird) and Tinkerbell (Budgie). A little over a month ago I became very ill and was hospitalized and bed ridden for a month solid. That meant no interaction with the birds other than seeing them from a distance for a moment when I finally did come home. I felt horrible that my birds who spent 80% of their day out of their cages were now confined with limited interaction.

Long story short I knew that I couldn't handle three parrots ill or not. Once I was well enough I started a new job which gave me more hours than my previous job. That was when I knew for sure. I was so wiped physically from work that I didn't have the energy to spend time with three birds individually. And so I found a home for both birds with a woman who already had 6 budgies and a Ring Neck. She was excited to eventually add Tinkerbell to her budgie flock ( which was kept in a HUGE flight cage) and to find Skittles a mate.

I felt a bit like a failure giving them up but it was best for all involved. They are now living in birdy paradise with a stay at home "mom". And Bruno gets even more (supervised) freedom and out of the cage time than he did before because there are no limits to where he can go in the house. He also gets a ton more one on one time.

Those may wonder why I kept Bruno and not the others. I can just say his young age, minimal behavior problems, and extremely close bond to me was a factor. The other two birds needed lots more work than I could devote to them. And it was not fair to keep them just because I could. :blue1:

Now on to lighter things ;)

Bruno (7 going on 8 months old) is just about done with his first molt and my chatty boy grew in beautiful bright yellow and orange facial feathers. I had pretty much known he would turn out to be a he lol. He had been saying "Pretty bird" since December. He also mimics kissing noises and is in the process of learning The Addams Family theme song....Among others. But people on other bird forums were always telling me I was wrong and probley had a hen.

Not that I cared either way.....But HA! I was right! lol

To be fair though his yellow really did appear out of nowhere...Just to recap.

Baby Bruno (12 weeks old)
2wmdm6r.jpg

A little older

scxv6c.jpg

These were taken in December
2mocx6r.jpg

bi483r.jpg

Scruffy molting stage

amtzkj.jpg

126fdxi.jpg

2q00ow3.jpg

OP
Fae88

Fae88

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Bruno (male Grey Cockatiel, under a year old)
Taken this weekend
2ywwgea.jpg

rm3fol.jpg

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
he is a very handsome boy ! I'm glad you are back to feeling much better, and that you where able to find your other babies a great new stay at home Mommie !!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm glad you're feeling better :). One time about 10 years ago, I had an instance of illness that kept me away from Robin (Red Bellied parrot) much of the time for over a month. I can't believe he came out of it unscathed. He was fine like nothing ever happened. I know the majority of birds aren't so flexible with things like that. Even the little guys like Lovebirds can develop problems.

Bruno is a real cutie! He has a deluxe parrot cage too :) what a lucky little guy. Is Bruno a pied? He looks like a female to me, though I'm no Cockatiel color expert...

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
It's better to recognize what you are capable of handling and fixing issues before they become a problem rather than ignoring that there is an issue and doing nothing about it.

It sounds like Skittles and Tinkerbell found good homes. :) And Bruno is turning into a handsome young male! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts