What parrot would you most enjoy seeing a documentary on?

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Do you know what I'd like? A sort of "glossary" of everybody with a brief bit of info. I could watch it and then when people start describing their hoosy-watsit I'd have a clue what they are talking about.

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
I'm afraid they're in the same area you've been in, but I'd love to see a documentary on the mostly highly endangered of all parrots, the Kakapo from New Zealand. In fact, a documentary on endangered wild parrots would be very interesting to me as a bird lover.

Ask and you shall recieve...

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Chance-See-Stephen-Fry/dp/B005OIXUQY/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1384417390&sr=1-1&keywords=last+chance+to+see]Last Chance To See With Stephen Fry [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV[/ame]

The format is hour long episodes with a featured animal and smaller sections on related local rarities. One episode has the kakapo as the featured species, so it gets about half the episode, and includes a much watched youtube clip where the resident biologist has an uncomfortably close encounter... There's lots on the setting up of Codfish Island and the conservation attempts.

Most Reactions

Latest posts