When to let out them of there cage?????

ligibbs

Apr 22, 2020
Arizona
Parrots
two
As I mentioned in previous post. I have the two new parakeets Lucy and Luna. They are doing really good with letting me put new toys and putting my hand in there. However they still have not gotten on my finger. I am able to get close but when I offer my finger they move away and sometimes cling to the cage.
They have been out before but getting them in there takes a lot of effort. Now they have not been out of the cage in a few weeks. I just keep trying to work with them.

Should I wait until they get on my finger in the cage before I let them out?

Thank you,
Lisa

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hi Lisa,
My budgie aren't tame, I let them out, they go back to the cage on their own. But for trying to tsne, I hope our budgie people who have had success will drop a helpful post for you.

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
Loki - Sun conure; Lucifer, Goffin’s Cockatoo; Tink, Mustached Parakeet; Mr. Grinch, DYH Amazon
Maybe you can look into clicker/target training using spray millet to communicate with them easier. You may need to use a perch to begin working on step up, and then gradually work up to your hand/finger. I definitely understand how difficult it can be to get a bird back into their cage when you need to [emoji38] best of luck!

Loki - Sun Conure [emoji169]
Clover - Lineolated Parakeet [emoji172]

Most Reactions

Latest posts