Who are you & what have you done with the real Percy?

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Help!! my Percy has been bodysnatched!

Well, that's all I can attribute this new loving bird to ;)

After yesterday's loving beakishness, this morning he STEPPED UP for me!! But wait, there's more!! He stepped up from INSIDE HIS CAGE!!! He's never done that for me, never!! And he didn't bite like he normally does when he steps onto my hand. He sat there, chatting with me and trying to steal my necklace LOL!!

I don't know who this new bird in my house is but I think I will keep him ;)

Juliejet

Jan 25, 2014
Sydney AU
Parrots
Red tail Black Cockatoo
One thing I have learnt on here is slow and steady wins the race all takes time you are doing good

Birdbrain91

Dec 6, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Apollo (A bossy YSGCC) Cleo (Sun Conure) Wesley (B&G Macaw)
I'm so HAPPY for you!! It sounds like you are completing your mission, to win him over :)
It's good to hear that with a little/lot of patience you can win him over. I needed to hear that as I have a Macaw who is really hit or miss right now. Keep us posted on your progress with him.

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
Wow! I'm floored! Congratulations!!!

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
Yay Percy! My guy has been unusually friendly as well, only in the evenings though.

msdeb

Dec 22, 2013
texas
Parrots
Charlie the birdie, yellow naped amazon and little bird, a monk parrot , and Polly -yellow crowned amazon
He's out to charm you now! Meet Percy the smooth talker!! I am glad he is being so loving with you now.

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Strong work!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so happy for you! Sounds like all your hard work is paying off:)

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Lovely news! See, I reckon this is the bird Percy was born to be: he's finding his inner bird. LOL! We all know that heart-stopping moment when our birds suddenly respond to us and I'm glad you're having it with Percy. You're doing so well and Percy is reaping the rewards. Please give him a treat on my behalf and tell him he's a Great Bird! Go Percy! :)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Way to go Percy. You are making your mummy proud. So glad that things are starting to work out. Your patience and hard work has been incredible and now the bond that you share will only get stronger.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Way to go both of you!!!!!!
that is just awesome Michelle, you must be thrilled!!

I know I would be ;)

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Patience, hard work, and determination. :) plus, he would be a fool if he didn't get on board with the Martha Stewart of toys :) you're an example of how it's done. Birds aren't stupid, they know who's good and who's not...he had no choice :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts