Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
still out and fly every where in home and poops in home arived my wife to be crazy , new bigger cage will come in few hours at 18:30 , ill put there many foods friut vegis seed water and 3 bars + 1 swing hope she come on cage

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
myyyy kiwi still out with working hard and try many treats etc
he just fly around home
that too bad :/ i try out all tricks in internet lol

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
castle cage for kiwiiiii
image.jpg

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Have you caught her yet? If the sun has set it should be easier to catch her in the dark. Please be careful that she does not get hurt or get outside by accident. She must be hungry, thirsty, tired and stressed by now. Once you have her back in the cage, don't let her out again until you have her wings clipped by an professional.

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
when i made this cage i put sunflower water apple and vegies by her self start claimp the cage and go inside for eat , she ate apple first then she go up and eat sunflower , but she still scared from me

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
when i made this cage i put sunflower water apple and vegies by her self start claimp the cage and go inside for eat , she ate apple first then she go up and eat sunflower , but she still scared from me

SLOW DOWN, please. You JUST got Kiwi. Everything is new to her.

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
sure i understand this section abut scared , but what abut feed ? she dont touch vegeis , also water , the things she eat well sunflower + apple and some time pear she is with me 4 days ago , pellets she dont touch it also , should i remove sunflower and apple , and keep mixed vegies for 1 day ? maybe like this she will eat or there is other way ?

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
image.jpg

is this good ?

btw i try to feed her handly with clicker i downloaded in my iphone , she just look move in cage and try to scape where my hand is , then she pooped a liqued thing is that normal

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
image.jpg

here what it had hope its good for kiwi already i buy it 10$

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
I agree with the advice to slow down... also, if you are anxious, your bird will sense that and may become more anxious.

Continue to change the birds water twice a day, and remember, you are not likely to see the bird drinking OR the water level going down. Make sure that the bird has a variety of foods available and don't worry too much if the bird only seems to be eating seeds and apple right now. This is all very new to him and he needs time to get used to the new cage, the new home, the new people...it's ALL new to him!

Relax and let him relax as well.

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
she is relaxed , i try my best to let this bird live a happy life with me as long as possible , ill updated my topic for any thing , thanks for u all to help me with my first pet ever ill keep in touch

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
morning every one , today kiwi wake me up with her loud sound just she loud 1 sound
i wake up and try to talk with her , then i change her food - i added apple - pear - Lettuce and arugula and changed her water , then i bring my laptop and my cup cafe and sit near her :) then she start loud again , quited a little bit then loud :O what that mean ? is she sick or something ?

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
still he dont accept treats , feed from my hand

i buy this pellets is it good ? if yes how to let her eat it

image.jpg

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
You might have to soften the pellets with some lukewarm water. Make sure it is not too hot. Offer both the soaked and dry pellets and see which one she goes for. But pellets are the best bet for a healthy diet. I do not know that specific brand though. You might have to give the pellets with the food they gave her at the petshop to start off with, (if she does not gI for the pellets at all) and then slowly reduce the unhealthy sunflower seed mix until she is completely weaned on to the pellets. Always offer some fresh veggies in a separate bowl in addition to the pellets. Fruit every now and again.

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
perfect i made a mix of this pellet + some sunflower
dry and soaked she just pickup sunflower :O she will road me to be crazy

OP
jado

jado

Feb 27, 2015
Parrots
Indian ringneck - Kiwi
update cloack 11:18 pm
image.jpg

she is up there since 2 hour is there something wrong ? or just sleep time ?

janiners305

Jan 9, 2015
Shes watching you. At this stage you probably still make her very nervous. She is watching to make sure you dont try to eat her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions