Status
Not open for further replies.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Tame or not if you don't keep it at least find it s new home. My budgie Ace has been with me for 3 .month. Still only eating seeds. Still working on trust. It takes time. Lots of time sometimes.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Maybe you need to research info on basic, beginner care for birds. Then you'll have a better idea of what is normal behavior. Slow down and get to know Kiwi. My first bird was a macaw and though it was difficult, we survived and have been best friends for 20 years now.:blue1:

Tame or not if you don't keep it at least find it s new home. My budgie Ace has been with me for 3 .month. Still only eating seeds. Still working on trust. It takes time. Lots of time sometimes.

The OP lost Kiwi. :( He is now looking to get yet another.
http://www.parrotforums.com/indian-ringnecks/52301-my-bird-sick-kiwi-bird-2.html
VERY BAD NEWS , KIWI FLY OUT , SHE ATE THE THE WINDOWS Protection

I AM REALLLLY FEEL SO BAD SO SO SO SO BAD HOW SHE DOING THIS

Roary

May 20, 2014
Quispamsis, New Brunseick, Canada
Parrots
GCC "Caillou" 8 years old
IRN "Oiseau Bleu"\short just Bleu or Blue
Jado
If you IRN is only a few days with you I would not worry at all about how he/she is acting at the present time. I have had pet birds for many years and I know how most of them react to going to a new home. As a matter of fact I have a new IRN that is just over a year old. I got him when he was three months old. He stayed very quiet in his cage for several weeks. Most IRN's are like that. And your pet will start to loosen up in a few weeks. They are very slow at adapting, some of them are. So don't be concerned. Just do the usual things for him/her. Talk to him/her. But don't do anything that would scare him/her or frighten him/her and you will find that soon he/she will start to act more like he/she is at home. It really does take a while. Even now after a year my IRN named Osieau Bleu (Blue for short) is just really starting to interact with me. I don't know how old yours is. But even if he/she is not real young it will still take a little while. Just enjoy him/her and don't expect too much for a few weeks or months even. All the best and let me know how things progress.
Roary.:blue1:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Roary, GREAT advice, however, Jado LOST his IRN! He is no longer with him. He escaped (according to Jado).

lynz45

Sep 30, 2012
give it better look and the cage made from iron , and theres calcification and rust havent enough money for bigger cage for now btw look feathers untidy specialy in tail

image.jpg
Oh my gosh this poor bird is very scared!!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
It appears folks are having a hard time realizing that Kiwi (the IRN talked about in this thread) is GONE.

I'm closing the thread. Jado, for future questions, please feel free to make a new thread. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions