Wow! Can't believe it!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
As you know i am studying to be a paramedic.. Only 2 and a half weeks left for the term :D

My first paramedic assignment about acute myocardial infarctions, i got 92%..

Submitted my next assignment on friday.. Just got my grades back..

100 % !!!!!!!! WHAT! :p

How cool is that!!!!!!! :D

It was a 14 minute video of me, just sitting in a chair, we just had to talk to the camera so he could see our facial expressions and hand movements!

It was all about communicating with the patient, and how to interact with them..

The feedback from my lecturer was-

What an Excellent assignment.

I can certainly see your passion and well done Tabitha. You certainly reviewed all the videos very well and supplied excellent feedback on each of them.
You have excellent basic communication skills and I loved your nonverbal communications with your hands and eyes great stuff…

You will have no difficulty adapting to communicate with the allied health personal you certainly display excellent skills all ready and will have the correct attributes to perform public speaking it is about practice, it will improve each time you do it.

You have displayed great interpersonal skills to move forward as an excellent paramedic, please believe in yourself because you have certainly convinced me.

Excellent work Tabitha. I would have liked to see your beatiful Bird !!

:D

He wanted Fargo to be in the video HAHA But i told him Fargo would most likely have to be in his cage, otherwise he would try and talk lots :p

I had called him and asked him 'Is it ok if there is a giant parrot in the background?' He laughed and said he has NEVER been asked that before, but it was perfectly fine, and Fargo could even get a high distinction ;)

I just had to share the news!! Can't believe i got 100%..

I promised Stephen i would send him the video if i got a good grade... Hmmm.. I guess that classes as a good grade? :rolleyes:

I can't wait to be a paramedic! Have my first residential school in september, Fargo will be coming, so my lecturer will be able to meet him! ;)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Way to go Tab. :D

That is awesome news. Everyone here will be so proud of you. You will make an awesome paramedic.

Fargo is obviously one fabulous study partner. :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo is brilliant!! :p My lecturer is SO laid back, he is just the coolest man ever.. He even had a puppet in one of his lectures ;)

But i was worried about Fargo being distracting in the video? Now i think that he could of been climbing all over me and it would have been fine haha :)

Have my exams in 3 weeks, a little nervous for them.. Fingers crossed i pass! :p

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sweet, Tab!!!! I had no doubts though, mama!

Loved the comments from your lecturer. You've obviously impressed the man. Again, not surprised my friend.

And yes, that does indeed classify as a good grade. I'll be checking my email. ;-)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, that is fantastic Tab! Your instructor is quite wonderful to have recognized what a great paramedic you are going to be, although I am not surprised at all. I LOVE when he told you to believe in yourself because you have convinced him.
You convinced us of that long ago, and we all believe in you too!
So funny about Fargo in the background:)

And that definitely qualifies as a good grade, so I can see Stephen checking his email over and over again until that video arrives:) I know everyone else would LOVE to see that too:)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanks guys! :D That means alot :eek:

I think it is because i used alot of expression when i talk, and after i videoed, i realised i had moved my hands alot, probably nerves from recording, but apparently he liked my hand gestures hahaha :)

I have one more assignment due in 2 and a half weeks for paramedics.. Not sure what it is about.. I always leave my assignments until there is like 5 days left :p

Concentrate on chemistry and human bodies, they are a bit more difficult and need my focus! ;)

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
So proud of you, but of course, had all the faith in the world in you. Go get them girl. Your fan and supporter from the other side of the world.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts