OP
SAUD

SAUD

Feb 2, 2014
Qatar
Parrots
(Sharq)Yellow Naped Amazon
(Bahar) Green Winged Macaw
I vote female. (rounded look to head shape).

I hope Male , because I've found one beautiful female in here Qatar , I'll get her if the result turned for Male :green2::35:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I'm the world's worst at guessing sex of amazons. i have many hens with boy's names,LOL.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I almost think male. Females have a 'softer' look to their eyes.

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Hello There :) your fids names are very nice. Kiwi is an orange winged amazon and pickles is a yellow crowned amazon. Both girls and just under a year old. Amazon fever, I reckon I ve caught it as well, awaiting a response from my breeder about a baby yellow crowned amazon I d like to purchase in a little over a week :) have a nice day. Take care

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
I think your yellow naped looks like a female to me. She seems that way because of the softer eyes and rounder head. I ve only had parrots for almost a year so I could be wrong but that's my guess based on the physical features.

OP
SAUD

SAUD

Feb 2, 2014
Qatar
Parrots
I'm the world's worst at guessing sex of amazons. i have many hens with boy's names,LOL.

I've read one reply for you about diet and feathers ,, I want to show you my YNA feathers ,,, Are these black feathers normal ? Or there is a problem ??

IMG_20140616_203215.jpg

IMG_20140616_203144.jpg

IMG_20140616_203151.jpg

:confused:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I think alot of the condition is due to age of your zon. Young zons are very rough and tumble.Their feathers often show signs of wear that older(less active)adults don't have. YES, diet plays a large part in the condition of feathers. Have you researched diet for amazon? IMO (in my opinion) those feathers would be normal for many young amazons.That being said, weekly baths, proper diet and several forms of enrichment ( to keep bird from being bored) will help promote better feathers and appearance.

OP
SAUD

SAUD

Feb 2, 2014
Qatar
Parrots
I think alot of the condition is due to age of your zon. Young zons are very rough and tumble.Their feathers often show signs of wear that older(less active)adults don't have. YES, diet plays a large part in the condition of feathers. Have you researched diet for amazon? IMO (in my opinion) those feathers would be normal for many young amazons.That being said, weekly baths, proper diet and several forms of enrichment ( to keep bird from being bored) will help promote better feathers and appearance.

HIs/Her daily meal is mixture of ZuPreem

IMG_20140612_234924.jpg

The Versel Laga three times a week

IMG_20140615_223426.jpg

And twice a week I give him grilled chicken with bones " He likes it soo much "

:green2:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Hey Saud, that sounds like a better diet than most birds get. I would add fresh foods to his diet. We feed lots of sprouts and fresh fruit and especially veggies. generally putting lots of focus on VitA rich foods(sweet potatoe,squash,carrots,Red palm, palm nuts,Kale,etc). Unfiltered sunlight is also a must for VitD3 and calcium(egg production).

OP
SAUD

SAUD

Feb 2, 2014
Qatar
Parrots
YES YES YES YES YES

He is a baby BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Sharq.png

:green2::59::jumping40:emoticonc​

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Congrats, so you going to get the girl now?

OP
SAUD

SAUD

Feb 2, 2014
Qatar
Parrots
Update

Now he is 6 Years Old :cool:

20190706_172536 (2).jpg

Most Reactions