2 birds two homes

ALRAINBOW

Mar 27, 2020
As I travel between my two homes , NYC and North Carolina I did use a vet to boarder them . This is very expensive and I felt bad both mentally and physically for them. I now setup a room of three own with my away office as well. This is how it is in NYC. I bought 2 bird carriers with clear sides .if I drive some 8 to 9 hours is this ok ? They eat and drink in my car inside there carriers . They coo , scream , growl just like here going 75 mph in my car . When we arrive they go into there room and truly seem fine. Am I missing something ?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
No, you're not missing anything. Our Amazon is a road warrior and travels with us on both long and short road trips. One thing to assure is that they are allowed to nap when they arrive.

On the long trips assure they have food and water available. Watery fruit can be an excellent choice as water can splash about.

We duplicated our home cage and accessories as it greatly simplifies buying stuff as what fits in one also fits in the other. Plus our Amazon likes his stuff in their proper places!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sounds like an excellent adventure, more time to bond, and cost savings. Win, win, win!! :):):)

OP
A

ALRAINBOW

Mar 27, 2020
Thanks all ! Down south they have there own not like up here in lift . I’ll bet you people are correct in needing sleep. While do close there eyes there heads are not reversed. on that note do they sleep like this ever in the daytime? They take naps on one foot but no head thing .

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The head forward allows greater balance while 'resting.' When the head is tucked over the back that commonly states a deeper sleep, in a stable environment.

OP
A

ALRAINBOW

Mar 27, 2020
In nyc I have a loft apt and while it was good it seems no so anymore
so I’m making a room of there own. in part it’s fine but it seems no music or tv , even phone calls start the cycle of scramming. Keep in mind it’s two doing a duet. I’m at the point of blue tooth 32 db iso headphones. Designed for gun ranges lol. So a room with walls and sound rated door. I have been watching some videos from BirdTricks. excellent stuff always plenty to learn.
for one thing these guys are not noisy way way below the stories in the video.
they need dark and silent times to sleep. me ina guys who gets 6 hours at best , I’m killing these poor birds
pics to come soon. toys while I rotate tons of stuff it seems twice a week is better also now foraging toys I never thought of this but it seems filled with fun for them.

Most Reactions