2 GCC Need a Home in Southern California

aprilrain

May 13, 2021
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Looking for a home to adopt 2 green cheek conures. They must stay together. Must already have GCCs and be knowledgeable. Will not sell to bird sellers or breeders. I want them to go to a good home.
Male 4.5 years old (Mojo)
Female 1.5-year-old (Sweet pea)

Healthy, happy birds. Both are step-up trained, but it can take a little while for them to warm up to you. Mojo is loud, so you must know how noisy a GCC can be. We bought locally at Perfect Parrot and have their paperwork. They have received all their wing clippings and nail trimming there.

Im heartbroken to let them go, but they were more work than we anticipated. I work from home, and the loud screaming during the day can be hard to manage. Mojo is very bonded to me so he's louder for me than anyone. I only want them to go to someone who has GCC and ideally an aviary so they have a good life.

If you are looking for extra cages etc. we will sell at a very discounted cost.

Please message me if you are interested.
April

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 6.08.40 PM.png

OP
aprilrain

aprilrain

May 13, 2021
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Keep them :::: :/
I wish I could -it has been 3 years, and I have tried everything: tons of toys, mixed diet ,forging & enrichment toys, outside time, classical music, this forum, parrot experts, and nothing has worked.I think its just that GCC are really loud and requires constant attention, which I can't do. I can't handle the constant screaming. It's like a baby crying it's so hard. I can see why people fight against domesticating wild animals. They are just not meant to be kept indoors and caged. :(

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)
I wish I could -it has been 3 years, and I have tried everything: tons of toys, mixed diet ,forging & enrichment toys, outside time, classical music, this forum, parrot experts, and nothing has worked.I think its just that GCC are really loud and requires constant attention, which I can't do. I can't handle the constant screaming. It's like a baby crying it's so hard. I can see why people fight against domesticating wild animals. They are just not meant to be kept indoors and caged. :(
Green cheeked conures are actually one of the least loud of parrots ...I have a male and female... if you feel that gcc are loud then stay Away from macaws and cocatoos...even sun conures are much louder than gcc... and if you can't stand the noise then you are probably making a good decision to rehome them ...for their good as well as yours

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Aww I feel you on this. No matter what I do, I feel like I'm letting my conures down in some way, despite them having access to an aviary pretty much every day, a good diet, lots of toys, lots of foraging activities etc. It's difficult to manage their complex needs and they're often sold as easy pets, when they're probably more work than a high energy dog breed which most people wouldn't get or be able to look after well enough.

G

Guest46745

Looking for a home to adopt 2 green cheek conures. They must stay together. Must already have GCCs and be knowledgeable. Will not sell to bird sellers or breeders. I want them to go to a good home.
Male 4.5 years old (Mojo)
Female 1.5-year-old (Sweet pea)

Healthy, happy birds. Both are step-up trained, but it can take a little while for them to warm up to you. Mojo is loud, so you must know how noisy a GCC can be. We bought locally at Perfect Parrot and have their paperwork. They have received all their wing clippings and nail trimming there.

Im heartbroken to let them go, but they were more work than we anticipated. I work from home, and the loud screaming during the day can be hard to manage. Mojo is very bonded to me so he's louder for me than anyone. I only want them to go to someone who has GCC and ideally an aviary so they have a good life.

If you are looking for extra cages etc. we will sell at a very discounted cost.

Please message me if you are interested.
April

View attachment 54056
I have one suggestion before letting them go. I assume the boy bird is the one screaming. Do they have a window they can look out of? I have a pair like yours, and I built them a 500 square foot room, with 5 foot tall windows side-by-side, around the entire room. Basically a 4 seasons room that acts like an indoor aviary. They absolutely hated it. Screamed all day at what is outside. I put blinds in, closed half of them. They stay on the closed half. I thought that was strange until I looked up their natural habitat. In nature, GCC live in holes and caves. They like security and scream to the flock at dangers. You might try shutting the blinds so they cannot see outside. I know that sounds mean, but mine prefer it. Actually mine prefer the laundry room, which has no space, no windows, and is dim compared other rooms.

Most Reactions

Latest posts