A Bird Lovers Nightmare

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
My good friend is facing having to find a home for his two wonderful CAGS. He has no job and soon no home. He is a member here on the forum. It is a very sad sad situation. If anyone in or near Md. is interested in providing a good home please PM me. Thanks.

Note: They are sisters about 8 years old.

Last edited:

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Not Lucy!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. Badbowtie is looking for a grey, maybe they would be willing to make the trip & take 2.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
I am so sorry, it hurts to see others having to find homes for their animals, but I know how he feels, I have two cats two gerbles and snakes, I cannot handle my job anymore, I am willing to become homeless rather then take the abuse Ive endured this last year, therefor I am going to quit my job, even though I havent found another yet.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I'm so sorry! I immediately knew who you were referring to. Terrible situation. Would he be willing to finding a foster home? Then he can bring his family back together.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I vote for Spiritbird, someone we trust, who knows birds and understands the people here on the forum. I know you care and love birds, I'd trust you with my bird if I had one and needed somone to take care of him.

Last edited:

Tammy

May 4, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Orange Wing Amazon
My parents won't let me own another parrot but if it was a foster situation for say a year or less then I can make the attempt. I don't work so I'm home every day. I also have a huge extra cage from my Aunt's AG that passed away 5 yrs ago. Someone PM me if they want me to look into it.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I cannot take in another bird. I live in 600 sq. feet of space and have 2 birds now. My living room is full of 2 large cages. Also the powder down of 1 grey is bothering me let alone 2 more. Thanks for the vote though.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
sounds like my living space, minus the birds. though I have a cat tree... does that count? and yea I know the feeling, I am allergic to my kitties, as well as my gerbles, I have to keep everthing really clean or my face swells.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
I would gladly foster them, but I live in Southwestern Indiana. It's a long haul.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I am so sorry, it hurts to see others having to find homes for their animals, but I know how he feels, I have two cats two gerbles and snakes, I cannot handle my job anymore, I am willing to become homeless rather then take the abuse Ive endured this last year, therefor I am going to quit my job, even though I havent found another yet.

Oh your not the only one....I hate my job as well....BUT I tolerate it for the sake of my animals. All I have to think about is going home to my babies when I get off. I leave all the non-sense at work and come home to my babies. Our house is around 1600 sq ft but we have enough animals in the house....

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Very sad news. Wish I loved closer. I hope everything works out. :(

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I know how you feel, though Ive had had enough, I am a human being, not a slave and I will not deal with her Bull$&*^ anylonger.

Right now I have animals that can move with me, and I will take with me, my family is vary nomadic, I currently reside at 3 locations, this being my most current one, though I have a permanent cabin in the wilds of alaska that I fixed up and made into a real home myself.

If there was any danger to my animals Id find a home for them, but as it is, I can handle bringing them with me wherever I go.. A bird.. wouldent survive the trip, or the extremes my cats and snakes can, I may have to find a home for my poor gerbles, but they are near the end of their life as it is, being two and a half years old, they are well grown for rodents.

Its amazing, at how attached people are to their dwellings, Ive found you only need alittle money to keep your pets healthy and happy, though they need to be just alittle resilient. Its tough here, but manageable, and they seem to like every home I have, as long as I am there with them.

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
Yep I could offer a foster home too I live in Ohio 30 mins outside columbus I dont know how far that would be but my home is available .

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
SB that is very sad, this sure is one time I wish I could wiggle my nose and magically live in MD. I know I said I didn't think I could find it in my heart after losing Russell to care for another CAG but the truth is I think I need one to keep me sane! This would have been perfect, I would be filling my void and helping a family in need. I am very sad your friend is going through this and he is very lucky to have you looking out for him.

Good luck finding Lucy and Gracie forever homes.... April

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
I know I said I didn't think I could find it in my heart after losing Russell to care for another CAG but the truth is I think I need one to keep me sane!

I know exactly how you feel.

I really hope a good foster home is found, and that it is truly just temporary.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Thanks to everyone for your support. It is so appreciated, more than you know. I had very good news today. My firend is not losing his home afterall has been said and done. Boy, what a scare that was. So those of you that expressed an interest in the birds please know all is well.

Most Reactions