A bit different

mboundy

Dec 27, 2018
So a few hours ago, I had to put my 15 year old Ridgeback - pitbull mix dog down. Val was suffering from eye cancer, a failed hip and a problem keeping food down. It was time. We had him euthanized a few hours ago. It was really hard.

Looking at his empty bed as I write this is hard. We have a zoo here. With 2 conures, a cat and now 1 dog. Val and the cat have been best friends for a decade. He was a gentle giant and all the pets loved him. My little Poco world always try to cuddle with him.

We are a sad family, missing a member, today.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Mike I'm sorry to read of your loss of Val, my sincere condolences go out to you. I hope you can take some comfort from 15 wonderful years of precious memories - I have no doubt he would have had a wonderful life being part of your family. Sending my warmest wishes and many virtual hugs to you and yours, Mike, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, Valiant Val, until we all meet again.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences, Mike, for your loss of Val. Impossibly difficult balancing quality of life with compassion as beloved companions age. Val knew he was loved, sometimes the final best gift is the one you chose.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Nothing ever quite fills the hole they leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts