LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
With their matching oddball head feathers it’s like they have matching tattoos!
Romek and Val with matching oddball head feathers is one thing. Romek, Val and Lovejoy being matching oddball head feather triplets - priceless!!!

stillgoing1.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It appears the flock are holding talks of some sort, no idea what it’s about cos whenever I walk into the bird room their conversation stops abruptly. It must be something pretty big, they never all sit together like this. Maybe they’re plotting the overthrow of the world, or the government, or my house at least, perhaps @SailBoat and Yellow Nape Law can get to the bottom of it?? No prizes for guessing who the ringleader is!
FAA5057C-E695-49BE-A4B5-CDC1745CBC7D.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hot on the heels of the two littlest flock members having their annual health checks last week, Fang and Jem had theirs today. Fang's heart condition still responding well to daily Pimobendan meds, and Jem's follow up psittacosis test has returned a negative result in what was a stunningly quick same-day turn around from the lab! So, as much as I love their Uncle Adrian, I hope we don't have to see him for another year!! 👍👍👍

Pictured below, Fang having his poop examined by Uncle Adrian, with Jem watching on. Don't worry Jem, you're next, and you'll be getting a bonus needle too!!
DC4897C8-319A-4D5C-B04D-FB3AC962CB68.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well it took a bit longer than I thought it would, but the last of those green feathers on Lovejoy's head are finally going ....

going.jpeg

going .....

going2.jpeg

GONE!!!

gonea.jpeg

Actually the last of them went a day or two ago, but the little toad is just so high octane that it's REALLY hard to catch him sitting still for long enough to get a photo. It seems my baby boy is just about all grown up now, but he still loves his nightly snuggle with his mum before bedtime 💖 🥰

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwww, look at my favorite little ginger Aussie nephew! He's getting more handsome by the day. Who'da thunk? ❤️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwww, look at my favorite little ginger Aussie nephew! He's getting more handsome by the day. Who'da thunk? ❤️
I knew he was gonna get even more handsome, but he'd downright irresistible now!! :love:

Yes, and what a true Red Head he is!!
Attitude and all!!
Stunning!!
Oh Mr Uncle Boats, he's got attitude and sass to burn alright. This was him a few days ago "helping" his dad on his computer. He likes to "help" me on mine too, sometimes by jumping on the "send" button before I'm actually finished writing stuff. I guess he figures, "ok, you're done with that RIGHT NOW, come and play with meeeeeee!!!"

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I knew he was gonna get even more handsome, but he'd downright irresistible now!! :love:

Oh Mr Uncle Boats, he's got attitude and sass to burn alright. This was him a few days ago "helping" his dad on his computer. He likes to "help" me on mine too, sometimes by jumping on the "send" button before I'm actually finished writing stuff. I guess he figures, "ok, you're done with that RIGHT NOW, come and play with meeeeeee!!!"

He is so smart!
Once time somebody asked a question for which was possible to answer just "yes/no" - I wrote "yes" but I wanted to add something but Zenek thought it's already enough and sent it 😅 So I guess Lovejoy is already as smart as his Polish cousin :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He is so smart!
Once time somebody asked a question for which was possible to answer just "yes/no" - I wrote "yes" but I wanted to add something but Zenek thought it's already enough and sent it 😅 So I guess Lovejoy is already as smart as his Polish cousin :)
Rozzy I see that same very intelligent spark in his eye that I see in Zenek's, they are both VERY smart babies!!

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Awe what a handsome redhead! I wish Ona played that nicely on the keyboard :LOL: The keyboard is one of those things that activates sassy raptor mode for her. She thinks it’s all hers and I am not allowed to touch her keyboard. Lovejoy is a bouncy, happy boy.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awe what a handsome redhead! I wish Ona played that nicely on the keyboard :LOL: The keyboard is one of those things that activates sassy raptor mode for her. She thinks it’s all hers and I am not allowed to touch her keyboard. Lovejoy is a bouncy, happy boy.
Oh there's PLENTY of sassy raptor in there, don't you worry! It's usually happy bouncy baby one moment, bitey little birdie the next, 'cos that's HIS keyboard, dontcha know!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Please be warned not to let him poop on the keyboard unless it's time to get a new laptop.
He's actually pretty well mannered when it comes to when and where he poops. He's only ever pooped on my laptop once, and that was when he was perched on the screen, so it was easily enough dealt with. He has *rarely* pooped on me but somehow he has no problem at all pooping on his dad - lucky he's only tiny so there's not much to clean up. But he is an overnight-holder-innerer and for such a little bird that first poop in the morning is HUUUUUUGE, and EVERBODY steers well clear of THAT!!! :poop::poop::poop::eek:😝

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Good Lord, that dreaded first of the morning movement! Yes, Julie is a big boy, but we are talking massive morning movements! And, just the same, everyone watches and waits for that movement to occur!

He more than proves the point that body weight only occurs after that movement!!

Julio, apparently is very impressed with Lovejoy's Redhead as he watches intently and is happy for a replay!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Good Lord, that dreaded first of the morning movement! Yes, Julie is a big boy, but we are talking massive morning movements! And, just the same, everyone watches and waits for that movement to occur!

He more than proves the point that body weight only occurs after that movement!!

Julio, apparently is very impressed with Lovejoy's Redhead as he watches intently and is happy for a replay!
Oh Mr Boats I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who watches and waits for those morning movements. Gone too are the days of a nice sleep in in the morning cos he screams for his breakfast and rings his little bells until his faithful servant comes running, and then it's poop watch until that early jet of liquid lorikeet poop pours forth. And the good Lord knows i wouldn't have it any other way 💖

Most Reactions