Acceptable bird cages for hospitals or nursing homes?

TomL

Jul 15, 2021
I have an older sister who would be greatly benefited emotionally and health in general if there were any way that she could have canaries at the nursing home she is at due to dialysis and mobility issues.

Are there any cages that hospitals or nursing homes would consider acceptable? I was thinking that a used one may be affordable as a quick search turned up price tags at over $1000 new.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I would think you could get a suitable cage for a canary for far less than that.

However. I wonder if a hospital or nursing home could accept a bird due to their messiness. Possibly some type of nursing home... who would be responsible for cleaning the cage? Would you plan to visit twice a day to do so?

IF a nursing home was going to allow it at all I'd think perhaps a Hagen Vision cage might possibly be suitable, as the bottom is designed for more "containment" of mess than many cages. (However, from the reviews, this might be offset by more difficulty in the actual cleaning.)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I visited friends family at a lovely nursery home. The had a donor who created a small glassed room type Aviary. It was filled with finches, and patients could go in and sit on bench. But mostly they enjoyed watching them from the outside. It was wonderful and a highlight and much loved, by staff, visitors, and the residents.

I hope you are able to make something possible

Most Reactions

Latest posts