Advise needed for conures

Akramkhan346

Jan 10, 2022
Media
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
Pair of green cheek conure - GCC
Hello folks,

I am new to this forum and am also a first-time bird owner. came across this forum while searching for some answers over google. Moving further I have a pair of Conures 42 days old (Fluffy and Coco).

1. Now I am feeding then NutriBird A21 (15 ml - Breakfast and Lunch followed by apple in the evening then 10 ml for dinner) in an interval of 6 hours am I feeding them too much or less? (Fluffy doesn't take a feed once he is done that is a sign that his stomach is full but coco keeps on eating but I stop it at 15 ml).

2. Fluffy is more active compare to the coco. Coco always wants to sleep and take a rest while fluffy wants to play the whole day.

3. They always want to run to the wall and lick the paints - Is that harmful to them I understand it is very harmful to humans so does to them so I keep on controlling but if they get any chance they rush towards the wall. Any solution.

4. At what age cage is recommended for conures.

I have attached some videos that I was able to record since fluffy doesn't like it all if someone is clicking photos or recording he starts behaving weirdly and stops playing.

Thanks
Akram Khan

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-01-09 at 5.57.13 PM.mp4
    3.6 MB
  • WhatsApp Video 2022-01-08 at 5.10.01 PM.mp4
    1.6 MB

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
1. Notice how much they eat in a day. Then give only that amount, maybe a little more, to prevent overeating.

2. Birds have individual personalities most likely Coco is just a mellower and sleepier bird. If she shows signs of sickness, take her to the vet though.

3. I'd keep them away from it. Provide lots of toys for them instead.

4. I don't know about baby birds, sorry...someone else will be able to help you.
They're beautiful birds, by the way :)

OP
Akramkhan346

Akramkhan346

Jan 10, 2022
Media
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
1. Notice how much they eat in a day. Then give only that amount, maybe a little more, to prevent overeating.

2. Birds have individual personalities most likely Coco is just a mellower and sleepier bird. If she shows signs of sickness, take her to the vet though.

3. I'd keep them away from it. Provide lots of toys for them instead.

4. I don't know about baby birds, sorry...someone else will be able to help you.
They're beautiful birds, by the way :)
Thank you 👍😊

OP
Akramkhan346

Akramkhan346

Jan 10, 2022
Media
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
I gave them veggies it was not a good response though but still, I will keep it continue, but in the evening, they came to the kitchen to look for my wife which is normal practice, and started biting corn.

I tried to give them some fruits last night and they had some.

I have attached photos for all the references if I am doing anything wrong please advise.

Attachments

• Corn eating.jpeg
    Corn eating.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Veggies.jpeg
    Veggies.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Exotic fruit.png
    Exotic fruit.png
    897 KB · Views: 82

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I gave them veggies it was not a good response though but still, I will keep it continue, but in the evening, they came to the kitchen to look for my wife which is normal practice, and started biting corn.

I tried to give them some fruits last night and they had some.

I have attached photos for all the references if I am doing anything wrong please advise.
Chop looks great!
Id advice you use corn as treats or something to sprinkle over your chop if they like it to lure them to it
Fruits, seeds and nuts should be limited
Seeds and nuts used only for training purposes maybe a treat here and there as well;)
i give my burd fruits one or twice a week
This is a great thread about diet!

OP
Akramkhan346

Akramkhan346

Jan 10, 2022
Media
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
Hey (Tikitiel),

Appreciate your valuable advice I will work on it. Also, thanks for sharing the informative thread.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi! I'd reccomend moving them to a cage as soon as they start to eat solid food or when they start to fly. As soon as they can fly they need to go to a cage. I moved my tiel pippen to her cage when she was about 4weeks, because that's when she started to fly.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Chop looks great!
Id advice you use corn as treats or something to sprinkle over your chop if they like it to lure them to it
Fruits, seeds and nuts should be limited
Seeds and nuts used only for training purposes maybe a treat here and there as well;)
i give my burd fruits one or twice a week
This is a great thread about diet!
I see u liked my thread lol

EDIT: *linked

Most Reactions

Latest posts