Are your birds bonded to another bird, to you, to someone else, or no one yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
you need an option fir both bonded to another bird and you.

I've had a very bonded pair of green cheek females ( attempted mating, regurgitate to each other, preen each other, lived together) but very affectionate and bonded to me.

A male quaker female green cheek bonded, had sex, regurgitate, preen, stayed together, but I housed separated at night. Both fantastic to me bonded to me

Currently 2 female quaker that seem bonded, regurgitate to each other stay close during out of cage times, housed separated at night. Bonded to me

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This is a very complicated question for someone with MBS.
Start with the easy ones.
Bingo is bonded only to me. period!

Bella is primarily bonded to my wife but is friendly with the rest of the family.

Baby and Lucky were bonded to each other until Lucky left us.

Luna and Merlin are still working out their relationship.
They seem well on their way to being bonded.
So far (and I expect no change) they are semi-friendly with me.

My most bonded bird pair was Plumas and Pacho.
Pacho(female) was friendly with me and remained friendly up to the end.
Plumas was a wild caught bird and was friendly to no human.
He did get to the point that he did trust me. I could pick him up and move him but that was as far as I could go.
they mated several times but never had any eggs.

In short having a bonded pair of birds does not keep you from having a great relationship with them

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
you need an option fir both bonded to another bird and you.

I've had a very bonded pair of green cheek females ( attempted mating, regurgitate to each other, preen each other, lived together) but very affectionate and bonded to me.

A male quaker female green cheek bonded, had sex, regurgitate, preen, stayed together, but I housed separated at night. Both fantastic to me bonded to me

Currently 2 female quaker that seem bonded, regurgitate to each other stay close during out of cage times, housed separated at night. Bonded to me
Yes!! I have multiple birds, each varying levels of bond. A few are pair bonded to other birds and one or more humans. Latter situation imo the highest level of life quality with captive birds.

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I am very bonded with both my birds but they are also very bonded with each other.

This is me also. My girls are buddies but they are always happy to see me. I am very lucky because although they are housed together, they both get along well with me and other humans

DiscotheCockatiel

Jul 1, 2021
Parrots
2 male cockatiels
This is me also. My girls are buddies but they are always happy to see me. I am very lucky because although they are housed together, they both get along well with me and other humans
That’s very similar to my boys! They love each other but will hang out with me for hours! Although they don’t really like other people as much!

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Hi my electus parrot is a 7 month and bond to me and nips a other people but it all depends on parrot individual personality because my brother parrot bonded to him but likes me certain time a day in small doses so you have to read the parrot

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
That’s very similar to my boys! They love each other but will hang out with me for hours! Although they don’t really like other people as much!
Is one if your boys the leader. I notice that my Quaker always comes out of the cage first then the Sun. She is the bolder one of the two.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hi my electus parrot is a 7 month and bond to me and nips a other people but it all depends on parrot individual personality because my brother parrot bonded to him but likes me certain time a day in small doses so you have to read the parrot
Just pointing out your parrot name is not a real parrot. May want to change that!

DiscotheCockatiel

Jul 1, 2021
Parrots
2 male cockatiels
Is one if your boys the leader. I notice that my Quaker always comes out of the cage first then the Sun. She is the bolder one of the two.
They have a funny was of leadership, Disco is the leader and Storm will follow him If he flies or climbs somewhere but Storm is more dominant.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hey what do you mean about the name
1648103958328.png

She means at the part "parrots" under your account name :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions