Aviary Life

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Iā€™m so glad sheā€™s home! The GCC will be fine, Iā€™m sure of it. Maybe not tame, but well bred which weā€™ll go far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
ba7b9c0e7bf2b9567a101fa8e08ae63c.jpg

Lantash and Tansi :) these two are so darn cute! I love them!

5ece8429ae510fb02ef0a49c707e2f64.jpg

Tsali has been learning lots of new sounds and phrases and has handled the upset of late very well. This morning he started saying ā€œcall on speaker!ā€ In various voices and tones, it was hilarious! Also he now imitates my mom growling playfully at my son, and he does it when Levi runs around.

d884985c787715975445ee71270a2230.jpg

Pray for my baby girl; we still donā€™t know why Claralena canā€™t eat properly.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Welcome home, Clara! God bless that beautiful baby girl. She has a lot of prayers and thoughts heading her way.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Thanks for thinking of me. I stopped reading because itā€™s frustrating reading things that so patently do not apply to my situation, such as ā€œby 34 weeks baby can fully breast feedā€ when my baby will NEVER be able to do so, or ā€œKangaroo care is bestā€ and the suggestion that we should hold her during medical procedures when we werenā€™t able to hold her AT ALL until she was a week old and I had only been allowed to hold her 3 times by the time she was 10 days old.

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a bad article, it applies to most people! But not this baby at this time. I really appreciate that you took the time to link it! It shows you care! You can never have too many caring friends! Thanks :)
6e5f3aa96e3318effce75f409f134499.jpg

We are looking for genetic causes now. Hopefully between the Neonatalogist, the 2 Pediatricians, the Pediatric Endocrinologist, the Pediatric Gastroenterologist, the Pediatric Cardiologist, and the all-knowing Google Machine we will have answers eventually! In the mean time thank God for feeding tubes!

9a8036d79ed090969d442d1fcfa7f863.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Darn sure didn't want to frustrate you! Hiori her staff will get things settled. So nice to see her surrounded by love

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
You are not frustrating me! You are being sweet and sharing info that might be helpful :) Iā€™m just frustrated to start with

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sweet images, and your beaming smile cradling Claralena is heartwarming. I hope the medical team quickly sleuths the issues, and more importantly, provides helpful solutions.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
42a2935ae8a5f982c99c2547c2fd4712.jpg

Alpha and my husband are buddies :) he insists she has too pretty a crest to be a girl lol

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
87eb99ee38b1f2e7d7d32236b50cdb1d.jpg

Boramir and Dixie say Merry Christmas Parrot Forums Family!

!
7b415f87092f8548562db4341e3d2e39.jpg

This kiddo pulled her feeding tube out today and putting it back in May just be my least favorite activity in the whole world right now, but Iā€™m super thankful to have her home! Her Neonatalogist laughed at me and called me the most pragmatic parent heā€™s ever dealt with because I kept saying things like ā€œsend her home. Iā€™ll shove the tube up her nose to feed her and I donā€™t have any problem making her bleed if thatā€™s what she needs just let me take her home!ā€

He also argued with me about whether or not parrots have gizzards.

ea7060e896d0d2479e51b993769a387a.jpg

Levi has been asking for tape on his face every day, since Claralena has it haha!
c49b0ff5d0386bf078fa453a7d98fe07.jpg
Alpha and all the other inside birds wish you all the merriest of Christmases!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Lovely pics Dani. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Awesome brotherly "tape sympathy" expressed by Levi!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I placed the last GCC! With a breeder I am really excited to work with in the future! She has a heart of gold and rock solid principles and a passion for learning! This baby will have a huge cage to live life as a spoiled bird with all the best and a mate to snuggle :)

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Things have been tense around here for a minute as we waited to hear back from my brother who is currently deployed to Iraq, but he got in touch this morning and is safe, Thank God!

Clara is improving!
7c51f82f13f2875266edce361f748ea3.jpg

All the ringneck nest boxes are up and they are being worked! I have 6 cockatiel chicks and 4 cockatiel eggs being brooded :)
02e58509fd2cdc1bb52e1fb665494aff.jpg

Things are finding a new normal :) still insane but settling into a pattern of insanity that is more or less survivable lol.

I want to thank all of you for your support as we have gone through the last few months!

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
What a lot of good news all at once! And cute baby pics-both bird and human. Iā€™m glad I peeked in!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I know you already know this, but I love this cockatiel! Honi does NOT love me back [emoji23]

Honi is the first cockatiel I ever hand raised and while she is tame, she has never really preferred human company unlike her sister. She doesnā€™t seem to care who her mate is though, and has taken eagerly to Pikachu, one of my new males.

In the breeding world ā€œ/ā€œ means ā€œsplit toā€

Honi is a whiteface lutino (that combo makes her albino) Cinnamon dominant silver/pied who MIGHT be split to recessive silver but since I donā€™t have a recessive silver male to breed her with, I canā€™t know.

Pikachu is a grey/pied/pearl/Cinnamon/lutino/whiteface

Together they have around 200 possible genetic combos! This pair is so much fun!

7bcfde66dbdabcf10f2422915d7d640b.jpg

It was so warm yesterday that Clara was able to come outside while I worked in the aviary. Itā€™s about to rain for a whole week so I am doing some extra work to make sure everyone can stay warm and toasty.
061fdffcf86591f9b11eb1e4b6246661.jpg

Most Reactions