Baby sun conures!

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I have three baby sun conures! They are so adorable šŸ„° I took them out of their box for the first time yesterday. The parents donā€™t mind me around them, but when my niece came over to look at the babies the Mommy bird got very mad. She was fluffy, going back and forth and squawking. Iā€™m glad both birds are still nice to me. I also got two Indian ringnecks. One is double factor violet (male) and the other is a turquoise harlequin (female). They are both pretty young.

Attachments

• 03FDF60B-9C62-4E6B-BB51-B7FB6784E1F4.jpeg
    03FDF60B-9C62-4E6B-BB51-B7FB6784E1F4.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 61724402-40F9-4B19-8FE5-1D8BA6A17FA4.jpeg
    61724402-40F9-4B19-8FE5-1D8BA6A17FA4.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Aww how precious! Little uncooked chickens!
Itā€™s so funny how they look like little chickens šŸ˜‚ They really are adorable. Iā€™m so happy the parents are still friendly even if it is just to me šŸ¤£ I canā€™t wait to see if I get any red factor babies! Iā€™ll probably find out next week.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
These are baby suns? Are the parents the birds in the second picture on your shoulder?

Iā€™m confused as you said the color mutation which apply to Indian ring necks, not sun conures?

Theyā€™re cuties but this is confusing! šŸ˜…

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
These are baby suns? Are the parents the birds in the second picture on your shoulder?

Iā€™m confused as you said the color mutation which apply to Indian ring necks, not sun conures?

Theyā€™re cuties but this is confusing! šŸ˜…
Yup they are baby sun conures! These are the parents. The birds on my shoulder are my new Indian ringneck babies!
E6C0DC29-7161-4BFF-B17F-DB1B0582E2C8.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Oh okay! Makes sense now!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Itā€™s so funny how they look like little chickens šŸ˜‚ They really are adorable. Iā€™m so happy the parents are still friendly even if it is just to me šŸ¤£ I canā€™t wait to see if I get any red factor babies! Iā€™ll probably find out next week.
They look like uncooked chicken breasts that got dropped on a hairy carpet! Itā€™s good the parents are still friendly to you! Iā€™m excited to see if the babies are RFs too!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So a
They look like uncooked chicken breasts that got dropped on a hairy carpet! Itā€™s good the parents are still friendly to you! Iā€™m excited to see if the babies are RFs too!

Itā€™s so funny how they look like little chickens šŸ˜‚ They really are adorable. Iā€™m so happy the parents are still friendly even if it is just to me šŸ¤£ I canā€™t wait to see if I get any red factor babies! Iā€™ll probably find out next week.orable
So adorable! Looks like Mama and Daddy are doing a fabulous job! So much better than having to feed them yourself.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
So a

So adorable! Looks like Mama and Daddy are doing a fabulous job! So much better than having to feed them yourself.
Oh yes the Mommy and Daddy are doing an amazing job feeding them. They for some reason are eating mostly seeds. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø They get fed chop and have 3 kinds of pellets but they keep demanding seeds šŸ˜‚ They have gotten so much bigger. I wonder how much longer Iā€™ll have to wait to find out if they are red factor or regular ones.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh yes the Mommy and Daddy are doing an amazing job feeding them. They for some reason are eating mostly seeds. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø They get fed chop and have 3 kinds of pellets but they keep demanding seeds šŸ˜‚ They have gotten so much bigger. I wonder how much longer Iā€™ll have to wait to find out if they are red factor or regular ones.
Maybe they want seeds because growing babies have high caloric needs and they perceive the seeds as better satisfying that need. The seeds are probably more filling too.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Maybe they want seeds because growing babies have high caloric needs and they perceive the seeds as better satisfying that need. The seeds are probably more filling too.
I just hope itā€™s ok that Iā€™m giving them so much šŸ˜…

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I just hope itā€™s ok that Iā€™m giving them so much šŸ˜…
As long as you're offering the parents a wide range of foods I think you can't do more than that. Are you offering the parents hard boiled eggs? It's excellent for for both the parents and the chicks.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
As long as you're offering the parents a wide range of foods I think you can't do more than that. Are you offering the parents hard boiled eggs? It's excellent for for both the parents and the chicks.
Yup they get tons of stuff šŸ˜

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I'm sure all is well. You certainly can't do more than offer the parents a wide range of nutritious foods. They must have their reasons for preferring to feed their babies seeds.
I think so too. The babies must be eating a lot. šŸ˜ Iā€™m giving them a wide variety of food. The babies are starting to get their colors. I think the two big ones might be red factor. You can see red coming in on their head and wings.
D86CDA5F-B8BA-45D0-AE51-F5DEE45F09D8.jpeg
31A19A13-C6DE-4B4E-9D90-A16F47C14332.jpeg

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I just hope that I wonā€™t get a bronze baby. Before my suns breed I talked to another person that breeds suns and she said that she didnā€™t think I would get bronze babies. I would feel so bad if I did since they donā€™t live past weaning age. šŸ˜° Iā€™ll know for sure once their feathers all come in.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I just hope that I wonā€™t get a bronze baby. Before my suns breed I talked to another person that breeds suns and she said that she didnā€™t think I would get bronze babies. I would feel so bad if I did since they donā€™t live past weaning age. šŸ˜° Iā€™ll know for sure once their feathers all come in.
I hope you donā€™t get any bronzes either! Those. Little spicy chicken nuggets are too precious!

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I hope you donā€™t get any bronzes either! Those. Little spicy chicken nuggets are too precious!
These are so cute! They love being petted too. I canā€™t wait for all their feathers to come in. Iā€™ll keep you guys updated!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
These are so cute! They love being petted too. I canā€™t wait for all their feathers to come in. Iā€™ll keep you guys updated!
AWW OMG could you pat the little takis on the heads and tell them they are precious for me?

Most Reactions