Zainabals

Nov 22, 2023
Media
Albums
Kuwait
Parrots
Lorikeet
Hey everyone,
Our Lorikeet E.B is about 4 months old now fully weened and fully feathered.

but he never bathes ๐Ÿ˜‚

He has a big deep water dish and I never see him interested in the water not even to drink. (He eats plenty of nectar- fruit-vegetables)

When do birds start to bathe? Should I just spray him myself? I donโ€™t want to traumatize him ๐Ÿ˜‚

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
If your gonna spray him, don't spray directly. Spray so it falls on them like rain, in a mist.
Doing this got my guy to the point whenever he would see water he would jump right in.
20200913_113619.jpg
20211118_112322.jpg
20220401_123905.jpg
20220519_135951.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
So to make me out to be a liar E.B has decided that today is the day he takes his first bath ๐Ÿ˜‚

I couldnt post a longer video as it keeps telling me my file is too large
View attachment 56686
Oh don't they LOVE to make liars out of us!! My varied lorikeet Lovejoy was quite phobic about water for a few months after I got him, but then suddenly took the plunge one day and he has a bath almost every day now, even in the middle of winter. Or what passes for "winter" in Brisbane anyway!

You can post videos of any size to the forum, you just need to upload them to an external platform like YouTube or Vimeo first, then link them from here. The following tutorial will hopefully help you...

And here's a vid of Lovejoy in his "swimming pool" just recently. He still HATES the mist bottle though!

OP
Zainabals

Zainabals

Nov 22, 2023
Media
Albums
Kuwait
Parrots
Lorikeet
Oh don't they LOVE to make liars out of us!! My varied lorikeet Lovejoy was quite phobic about water for a few months after I got him, but then suddenly took the plunge one day and he has a bath almost every day now, even in the middle of winter. Or what passes for "winter" in Brisbane anyway!

You can post videos of any size to the forum, you just need to upload them to an external platform like YouTube or Vimeo first, then link them from here. The following tutorial will hopefully help you...

And here's a vid of Lovejoy in his "swimming pool" just recently. He still HATES the mist bottle though!

Oh sooooo cute.

I guess Iโ€™ll upload the videos to youtube next time.

Thanks

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh sooooo cute.

I guess Iโ€™ll upload the videos to youtube next time.

Thanks
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing more of E.B. in the bath very soon ๐Ÿ˜

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It seems sun conures love the baths more than most birds.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts