bdgie and cocktiel together

crosue

Apr 12, 2013
philippines
Parrots
*6 budgies
*3 cockatiels
hi guys! good evening by the way all the way from the Philippines..
I am just wondering if we can put together 2 cockatiels and 6 budgies to a mini hanging aviary with a dimension off 58"x38"x38".. this is a new cage for them in which I'm planning to put the birds
so i just wanted to know if they can get together without any problems at all. I've read many articles that they get along well so i am asking all the experts around the forum.. because you guys knows everything here.. :green:its highly appreciated.

cockatielgirl

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2013
Nottingham uk
Parrots
2 tiels,
molly~1 year old
and
tinker bell~3 year old
yes budgies and cockatiels get on with each other and its so cute to watch them playing :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes Cockatiels and Budgies will do well in a Aviary BUT a breeding pair of Cockatiels will not hesitate to kill a Budgie if they breach their nest box and yes I've had that happened before. But the main thing is built the aviary as big as you can so everyone can escape one another if needed.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If they were going into a cage I would say no.

If into an aviary, well, yes, it can work.

OP
crosue

crosue

Apr 12, 2013
philippines
Parrots
*6 budgies
*3 cockatiels
thank you so much guys! this site is really helping me a lot with all the information that you, best, guys are giving!! highly appreciated!
anyway, about my mini hanging aviary, can you guys tell me if its good enough to place all 8 of them? thank you again. i'm planning to put them all on sunday after the roofing is done. 2 couples of my budgies were trying to breed already, and the 2 tiels were really doing well, kissing and preening each other.thank you

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
IF you do mean 58" long by 38" tall and 38" wide I would say that would work but bigger is better!

OP
crosue

crosue

Apr 12, 2013
philippines
Parrots
*6 budgies
*3 cockatiels
yeah that's right mikey..thank you so much guys for the help!! can't wait for sunday!! lol thank you again it is a big help for me. lastly, who will come first, the budgies or the tiel? am i going to separate feeders for them? thank you so much

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I would put them in there at the same time! Put two or more feeder dishes in there, same with water dishes.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I have 4 cockatiels and 1 bourke parakeet in a manufactured double flight cage. I have one water dish for them and 1 dish per bird that I exchange out daily with fresh food. I then have an extra dish for random goodies or other stuff. So, a total of 7 dishes for 5 birds.

If you use larger dishes, you could probably get away with less.

OP
crosue

crosue

Apr 12, 2013
philippines
Parrots
*6 budgies
*3 cockatiels
its a big help!! thank you everyone for the BIIIIGGG Help!! i'm grateful i've joined this site..
you really are a bunch of help for me.. gonna update you bout them.. THANK YOU!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts