bird safe pans?

millymb21

Nov 7, 2021
Parrots
parrotlet
Hi! I have been learning a lot on my whats safe and what isnt. I just learned how non stick pans are toxic, I am trying to find affordable pans I could use until I can get enough money togrther for stainless ones. Would this work in the mean time ? https://www.walmart.com/ip/GreenLif...aute-Pan/254184647?fulfillmentIntent=In-store

also my sister gave me 2 cast iron pans that her boyfriends grandma owned, they seemed to be coated or pre seasoned is that toxic to? Im trying to learn.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I use cast iron, and tinfoil instead on non stick cooking sheets, and glas and stainless steel.

I'd like to learn of other safe options as well. So great topic.

I don't think air fryers or insta pots are safe either. The fabric on ironing boards is now costed with non stick making them unsafe. It's a lot to keep our burds safe.

For cleaning cage I use dilute vinegar in cold water. It really breaks dien burd poop. But in hit water off gasses aren't safe for birds. Never run it through your dishwasher or coffee pot.

Look forward to seeing pictures of you cutie

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Thank you for the tips! Any information is great, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. This is my little man.
He's adorable, thanks for sharing a picture!
I agree with Laurasea. I use cast iron and stainless steel cookware.

Most Reactions