Budgie toe issues

Caecilius est in horto1

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Joined
Mar 22, 2025
Messages
35
Reaction score
50
Parrots
3 budgies
Quaker
My 8 year old female budgie has been perching weird recently, I noticed. I'm not sure how long her foot has been like this. On her left foot, the toes that are supposed to be in the back have bent over any with the front toes. She's walking on them and I worry it's making it worse. Her toenails are really long and I think that might have contributed to it, but it might be arthritis or an injury, I don't know. I'm not sure if those toes still work-I'm hesitant to get hands on with her because she is afraid of hands and handling. After I get bird nail clippers, I'll trim her nails, but is there anything else I could do to help her? I don't want to scare her to the point of a heartattack. Sorry for rambling, I'm just really worried about her
 
  • Sad
Reactions: AMD
If it were me, I would take her to a vet. Have them ck her out.
 
Back
Top Bottom