Concerned about my GCC. Is this normal to see this yellow slimy liquid? Is this urine? Thank you so much for your help.

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
tempImageTN5jBU.jpg

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
hi nice to meet you
that really is abnormal did he eat watery vegetables before this and even the feces are not so normal so i defiantly advice you to go to a vet

OP
B

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
hi nice to meet you
that really is abnormal did he eat watery vegetables before this and even the feces are not so normal so i defiantly advice you to go to a vet
hi there, Thank you so much. No watery veggies. He had his zupreen fruit pellets and some strawberries and blueberries. very very little. Barely ate any. He did eat some fresh broccoli and cauliflower pieces this morning ground up and some Safflower seeds and his water but that's all, He's had that yellow stuff for a while now

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Then that's really abnormal
and you may notice that his feathers near the vent are stained,watery poops could be a sign of stress, a poor diet parasites, or infection
so i definitely recommend seeing a vet asap birds can hide their illnesses very well

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
does he fluff up often? or did he lose his appetite?
its could also mean diarrhea

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Often, when owners state that their birds have diarrhea, they actually mean that birds have more water in their droppings and no real change in the stool component. True diarrhea is uncommon in birds. The most common sign of abnormal droppings in birds is actually polyuria (too much urine).

credit to vca animal hospitals

OP
B

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
does he fluff up often? or did he lose his appetite?
its could also mean diarrhea
He was fluffing up some yesterday but not today. His appetite has not been bad at all, that i've noticed.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
did he take a bath or drink lots of water lately? but I defiantly recommend going to the vet asap

OP
B

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
No baths, however he has been sticking his head in and out of his water dish. I also noticed he was sneezing a bit yesterday and day before but not today . I haven’t actually seen him drink much water at all. I change out his water daily and it looks like there is hardly anything missing from it, it’s just dirty at the bottom with food. Im going to call the aviary tomorrow to get an appt for a check up :) thank u!!!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
your welcome hope everything goes well

Most Reactions