COVID-19 Virus

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I get my second Moderna vaccine tomorrow! Yippie!

Two of my neighbors side by side houses all have coronavirus, 10 people total....told us tge kids brought it home. Nobody in the hospital thank goodness, but one mom is pregnant so is worried

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

Two of my neighbors side by side houses all have coronavirus, 10 people total....told us tge kids brought it home. Nobody in the hospital thank goodness, but one mom is pregnant so is worried

Yay!

Not everyone has this experience, but I would suggest that you get most of your work/dishes/trash/dog walks/whatever out of the way ahead of time (just in case), because I got my 2nd around 4:30pm and felt pretty normal until around 10 AM the next day (but it wasn't until 12:00pm that I understood what people meant when they said they would not suggest laying low lol). I took my trash out and did dishes etc the night I got the vaccine because a co-worker said that her daughter recommended it-- I approve and am now paying it forward haha)

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Congratulations for when you get your second shot. Remember to safeguard you vaccination card! It is likely to become your ticket to walk! :D

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Naysayers tell me that deaths have not increased since January 2020 along with their other denials. So, I had the opportunity to question a reputable source on the subject last week. I had a business meeting with senior management of a Funeral Home conglomerate. They have more than fifteen locations that I know of. He confirmed deaths have increased noticeably since 1/2020 stating anyone in denial is wrong.

He did not reflect on percentages. He did add that though deaths have increased, the percentage revenue ratio has not progressed with the flux in deaths. The cremation trend that has been growing, accelerated with the pandemic. Ceremonies fell off with concerns of congregating. Immediate burials have increase. Yet their facilities and staff that support the celebration of life ceremonies, remain intact, in motion to support when called upon.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And, yet, today, Michigan is in the NEWS! As we are the NEW Epicenter for SARS-CoV-2 outbreaks!

Red State, Blue State, Covid State - Viruses Don't seem to Care!

Congratulations Michigan, Our Governor (and her daughter) got their first shot yesterday!!! With great hope, this will inspirer others to get their's.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And, yet, today, Michigan is in the NEWS!
Congratulations Michigan,
How are the Red Wings performing through all the challenges? Still on ice?

Ice? You mean a cold, flat, wet surface that sport activities 'could' occur upon? Michigan kind of has some limited sport activities. Maybe this Fall, the Red Wings maybe allowed ice time. Like New York State, Michigan is also a semi-locked down state.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
And, yet, today, Michigan is in the NEWS!
Congratulations Michigan,
How are the Red Wings performing through all the challenges? Still on ice?

Ice? You mean a cold, flat, wet surface that sport activities 'could' occur upon? Michigan kind of has some limited sport activities. Maybe this Fall, the Red Wings maybe allowed ice time. Like New York State, Michigan is also a semi-locked down state.

I’m excited for hockey this fall! The Seattle Krakens will make their debut, and even though I’ll be living in Virginia by then, they’ll still be my home team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Dearest participants, we've seen a surge in political commentary resulting in latent animosity, strife, and corrective actions in the form of post editing or removal.

Original intent was to discuss SARS-CoV-2 aka "Coronavirus" in sharing, helpful manner. We've come a long way during fourteen months and the saga continues. Only way to continue per forum rules and spirit is complete avoidance of partisan politics. I concede the issue is inexplicably connected with leadership and industries at all levels, but am confident we will find creative means to discuss the virus without triggering backlash. Thanks to all for past and future helpful dialog!!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Dearest participants, we've seen a surge in political commentary resulting in latent animosity, strife, and corrective actions in the form of post editing or removal.
In the spirit of complete avoidance of partisan politics, it's been over a year since I have had a professional haircut, due to precautions since the debut of COVID-19. Defaulting to home cuts, my next schedule with the stylist will be two-weeks after my second vaccination. I have observed findings of myself listing to more classic-rock, with the longer hair.

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

In the spirit is complete avoidance of partisan politics, it's been over a year since I have had a professional haircut, due to precautions since the debut of COVID-19. Defaulting to home cuts, my next schedule with the stylist will be two-weeks after my second vaccination. I have observed findings of myself listing to more classic-rock, with the longer hair.
Hahaha! Perfect! I'm in the same boat with haircuts. My daughter and brother in law are both stylists. Daughter developed some weird skin issue on her hands, and the constant washing/sanitizer ritual for everyone's safety caused her so much pain that she can no longer do hair. (Or dishes!) Brother in law doesn't live close, but brings scissors and stuff when he comes to visit, but it's been a while. :( Did the shaved head thing in the past, and now the weather is getting warmer, thinking seriously about it again.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Thankfully my sister is a former stylist and lives nearby. We've taken precautions during Covid and chopped hair outside. Never considered completely shaving head, but there's a Snapchat filter to simulate. Tried it.... nah!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots

In the spirit of complete avoidance of partisan politics, it's been over a year since I have had a professional haircut, due to precautions since the debut of COVID-19. Defaulting to home cuts, my next schedule with the stylist will be two-weeks after my second vaccination. I have observed findings of myself listing to more classic-rock, with the longer hair.
Hahaha! Perfect! I'm in the same boat with haircuts. My daughter and brother in law are both stylists. Daughter developed some weird skin issue, can no longer do hair. (Or dishes!) Brother in law doesn't live close, but brings scissors and stuff when he comes to visit, but it's been a while. :( Did the shaved head thing in the past, and now the weather is getting warmer, thinking seriously about it again.

Thankfully my sister is a former stylist and lives nearby. We've taken precautions during Covid and chopped hair outside. Never considered completely shaving head, but there's a Snapchat filter to simulate. Tried it.... nah!
I asked the Most Interesting Man in the World about the shaved head style. He said NO!

When giving my son a haircut the first two times, I locked Meisha up in the slammer, keeping her out of harm's way as I learned my YouTube honed skills. She voiced her disgruntled protest from the other room using the broadcast setting.

She has alway been curious about my projects, wanting to hang with me, observing the progress to the results. She is deliberate and accommodating about staying out of the way with a unique self awareness. On top of that she response to:
  • Please move.
  • You are in the way.
On the third home styling session for my son, I let Meisha join us. She transversed between the two of us, with awareness of her position to the activity. Had to ask her to move only once.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The Wonders of Young Hair! It always grows out quickly!

The Greatest Projects are best supervised by a Parrot! It truly keeps one from getting to crazy about perfection! :D
My table saw is capable of 1/64 accuracy. Wood has an accuracy of plus or minus a brick! Proof, just add water!

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Wonder if the Flowbee made a comeback?

04032020_Flowbee-box_164552-1020x754.jpg

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Wonder if the Flowbee made a comeback?[/IMG]
I'm not familiar with it. However regarding a comeback, it is listed with Amazon with a 4.5 star rating.

You hook it to a vacuum and it sucks the hair straight so the it cuts in a clean line.

Six months or so ago it was not even Available on Amazon. Or, anywhere else. I was seriously considering getting one if I couldve found it. I would call that a comeback (of sorts) - they were entirely all sold out for a while!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
April 14, 2021
What Is the Immunity Threshold for COVID-19?
Experts have estimated that 70% to 90% of the population needs to be vaccinated to curb the spread of COVID-19, but there is still much to learn about this disease.
So far, the three COVID-19 vaccines authorized in the United States have remained effective against more contagious and deadly variants of the virus that have emerged, though slightly less effective than they are against the original virus. However, if a new strain emerges that can dodge the body's immune response to the vaccines, that will dampen the nation's efforts at achieving herd immunity.

Texas is still about 13 million people away from herd immunity to the coronavirus. The state is chasing that goal even as Texans begin to act like the pandemic is over. From @rossramsey. https://t.co/jqaTZ4gmae
— Texas Tribune (@TexasTribune) April 14, 2021.

In other news April 12, 2021:
Governor Abbott believes Texas may have reached herd immunity!
Abbott is basing his reasoning on what he termed 'simple math' and claims that it explains the recent decline of coronavirus cases in the Lone Star state.
Abbott has based his calculations by taking the number of people who have been vaccinated and combining it with the number who have been infected.

"I don't know what herd immunity is, but when you add that to the people who have acquired immunity, it looks like it could be very close to herd immunity," he said.

Most Reactions