Dealing with the loss of my life-long best friend

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
That's great.
Wonder if the GCC would pick up some behaviors that Bonita had.
Based on your first meetup with the GCC, it looks like the GCC and you also have some kind of soul connection.
Bonita will be with you in spirit if she is not reincarnated yet, and she might be teaching the GCC things.
I swear she's teaching him things. He's already picked up on some mannerisms she had, which were oddly specific(Bonita only ever danced to punk music and would scream in 2 short bursts and one looooooong loooooud amazony screech, when I played Dead Kennedys as I do every morning, Ziggy did the same thing. Same scream. Very weird.) Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it :) I really think Ziggy and I are meant to be and Bonita had some sort of divine intervention here. After all, since I was a kid I always wanted a GCC.

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Oh bonitabird I'm so happy to read about your new little love, Ziggy Stardust! Nothing and no-one could ever replace your beautiful Bonita of course, but I think it's a testament to how much you loved her that you're able to open your heart to this little sweetie! And I agree with you, the timing seems to be perfect too - it's amazing how these things happen, and I think Ziggy came into your world because needed you just as much as you needed him. I'm so happy for you both, and wishing you blessings for a long and happy life together 🙏❤️
Thank you SO much for all your sweet replies and kind words. I really really appreciate it and I love the sense of community here. I totally agree, Bonita is my heart/soul bird and my love for her will never fade, however Ziggy is helping me heal in a way I never knew I could. I love how you said we needed each other because we totally did. He's the biggest snuggler, he likes to lay right next to my face on my shoulder and nuzzle up. Today he fell asleep in my hands because the neck scritches were just *too good*. I'll attach some pictures of the new little baby on this thread.

OP
bonitabird59

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
tempImagemjJnhr.jpg
tempImageY9MdLd.png
Ziggy Stardust, my new GCC, and my HANDS. DOWN. FAVORITE PICTURE OF BONITA. (Im aware of how long and layered her beak was but she was 60-70ish and I didn't want her to be stressed out by getting it trimmed. She ate and ... attacked.. just fine.)

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Parrots
Sun Conure son (with me in spirit);
Baby Robin (my son's reincarnation? RIP);
Red Factor Sun Conure (adopted);
Magpie (rescued as baby, returned to the wild after 1 year, 24+ years ago).
I swear she's teaching him things. He's already picked up on some mannerisms she had, which were oddly specific(Bonita only ever danced to punk music and would scream in 2 short bursts and one looooooong loooooud amazony screech, when I played Dead Kennedys as I do every morning, Ziggy did the same thing. Same scream. Very weird.) Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it :) I really think Ziggy and I are meant to be and Bonita had some sort of divine intervention here. After all, since I was a kid I always wanted a GCC.
Having experienced similar things, I believe what you said.

My deceased sun conure started calling me "father" without me teaching him when he was 3 months old. My newly adopted sun conure started calling me "father" out of the blue on the 2nd day of rehoming.

I recently failed to rescue a baby robin. My sun conure showed up in my dream and informed me about this baby, and confirmed his identity in another dream. While the robin was alive, he picked up traits that only my deceased sun conure had, like flying to the place where I spent most of the time with my sun conure, and stayed there. I described this event in detail in my post #58:

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 41881View attachment 41882Ziggy Stardust, my new GCC, and my HANDS. DOWN. FAVORITE PICTURE OF BONITA. (Im aware of how long and layered her beak was but she was 60-70ish and I didn't want her to be stressed out by getting it trimmed. She ate and ... attacked.. just fine.)
Bonita was a stunning bird, and just so fortunate to have been loved by you the way she was. I'm so glad you have Ziggy there to warm your heart, what a little sweetie he is! 😍

Most Reactions

Latest posts