Describe your age without using numbers!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Far too easy for near all of you:

I am older than black dirt, but much younger than sand!
I have three quarters in my right pocket!

Okay, making it much easier:
I am older than black dirt, but much younger than sand!
This sentence is designed to classify myself as older, but not ancient!

I have three quarters in my right pocket!
Convert three quarters into pennies: The number of pennies is my age!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Okay, making it much easier:

This sentence is designed to classify myself as older, but not ancient!

Convert three quarters into pennies: The number of pennies is my age!
You’re 7500 years old? Man you are old! Did you see extinct animals? Did you get to see the Kaua’i ō’ ō? Or the dodo? Perhaps the sea cow? Maybe the megaloceros? The Tyrannosaurus rex? Giganotosaurus? Megalosaurus? Carbonemys? Concavinator? Baryonyx? Acrocanthosaurus? Carcharodontosaurus? Compsagnathus? Utah raptor? What do they smell like? What do they taste like? Is the earth a pyramid? Is the earth a donut? Please share your wisdom!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
You’re 7500 years old? Man you are old! Did you see extinct animals? Did you get to see the Kaua’i ō’ ō? Or the dodo? Perhaps the sea cow? Maybe the megaloceros? The Tyrannosaurus rex? Giganotosaurus? Megalosaurus? Carbonemys? Concavinator? Baryonyx? Acrocanthosaurus? Carcharodontosaurus? Compsagnathus? Utah raptor? What do they smell like? What do they taste like? Is the earth a pyramid? Is the earth a donut? Please share your wisdom!
If 'Boat is 7500 years old, he's too young to see any dinosaurs ;)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
No, but I did help in testing the first beer!
Wine came ago a bit later, but really took longer to prepare, so was never that popular except for Dinner with fresh bread and friends!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
No, but I did help in testing the first beer!
Wine came ago a bit later, but really took longer to prepare, so was never that popular except for Dinner with fresh bread and friends!
Ohh so you were in existence in 7,000 BCE? Did you meet jesus and stuff? Did you see the ridiculous stuff going on in like, the rest of time? Did you watch as women’s rights slowly began to form? What were the toilets like? Did you ride around on Moas? Did you ride zebras? Any predictions for 2023 o’ wise one?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Having now been classified as Ancient and asked if I can provide some profound historical knowledge that will likely bore one to tears or deep sleep, so understanding that is possible, here goes:

International travel sucked, really bad. As a result, being where history is remembered was more an issue of pure luck (or bad luck). That limited my having deep discussions with featured individuals though-out history. Also, being very near some of them did not bold-well for ones longevity, just saying! Also areas with established populations tended to have break-outs of illness that also tend to shorten one's life. Also, cruise ships were slim on amenities and as noted, stops between ports was lengthy as well.

I do not want to sound like a complainer, but fine dining was far between and what was severed was more likely anything or whatever had died most recently and what they had in the cold shelter to add to the pot! Clearly nothing off a menu. Also, one needed to move often to stay ahead of the seasons as being in the Great White North was pretty much being stuck where you where as snowplows did not become a thing until long after buggy's became cars. Oh, by the way, the flushing toilet was clearly big thing and History really under states what life was like prior to their wide spread use! Migration was driven more by the general smell of a place than a lack of food. In North America, the natives were not big environmentalists, as their migration was based on the need to find a place that had not been used first by seventeen others than because of anything else.

So, with my long experience with History, there is a want for me to tell you what I see for the balance of 2023!?!? To that I will only say, I have seen some very dangerous period of time and some very peaceful periods. In my humble opinion (IMHO), we are certainly not in one of those safe periods, not at all! COVID had provide an example of what the availably of things could be like and it is a bell-weather as to what it will be like if the worst plays out. Be safe kids!!

Last edited:

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Having now been classified as Ancient and asked if I can provide some profound historical knowledge that will likely bore one to tears or deep sleep, so understanding that is possible, here goes:

International travel sucked, really bad. As a result, being where history is remembered was more an issue of pure luck (or bad luck). That limited my having deep discussions with featured individuals though-out history. Also, being very near some of them did not bold-well for ones longevity, just saying! Also areas with established populations tended to have break-outs of illness that also tend to shorten one's life. Also, cruise ships were slim on amenities and as noted, stops between ports was lengthy as well.

I do not want to sound like a complainer, but fine dining was far between and what was severed was more likely anything or whatever had died most recently and what they had in the cold shelter to add to the pot! Clearly nothing off a menu. Also, one needed to move often to stay ahead of the seasons as being in the Great White North was pretty much being stuck where you where as snowplows did not become a thing until long after buggy's became cars. Oh, by the way, the flushing toilet was clearly big thing and History really under states what life was like prior to their wide spread us! Migration was driven more by the general smell of a place than a lack of food. In North America, the natives were not big environmentalists, as their migration was based on the need to find a place that had not been used first by seventeen others than because of anything else.

So, with my long experience with History, there is a want for me to tell you what I see for the balance of 2023!?!? To that I will only say, I have seen some very dangerous period of time and some very peaceful periods. In my humble opinion (IMHO), we are certainly not in one of those safe periods, not at all! COVID had provide an example of what the available of things could be like and it is a bell-weather as to what it will be like if the worst plays out. Be safe kids!!
Oh wow! Those millions of years really showed you a lot! The fine dining doesn’t sound too tasty, and that’s coming from someone who will eat the goofiest food combinations (like sun chips and cheddar cheese or skittles and Red Bull. Not the healthiest but certainly some of the goofiest I have eaten)! The prediction for 2023 does shed some insight on history like safe and dangerous periods. Covid was super devastating and it is still killing people which is incredibly sad. It took my grandmother this year actually. It even nuked my family in 2020 and 2021. I won’t go into detail but I will say one side is a science denier and the other acknowledged covid and the risks. You can use your imagination to put the pieces together. I have a feeling this year will just be worse than the last.

TRBLMKR

Feb 4, 2023
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
Betamax and I were born.

I remember a TV with 3 channels and yours truly the D.R. (designated remote). Patiently waiting to hear, JUST THE GOOD OL BOYS! Got to sit Indian-style on the roof of my parent's car and watch Return of the Jedi.

Simple times

Most Reactions

Latest posts