Do you have nicknames for your bird?

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
My boyfriend and I have several nicknames for Tori including "pooper" which he gets called often when he poops outside his cage, "Fluffly" when he fluffs up and glares at me for whatever unforgivable sin I have committed, "Beakie" when he's being...well...beakie. "Peeper" When he does his machine gun chirp.

Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Eastern Galah - Suki Lala 10 months old
Greyhound Cross - Max 7 years old
Great Dane Cross - Marque 2 years old
Rats -Lola 1yr old, Tsuyu, Enya, Fury all 6 months old, Cookie 8 weeks
I've only had Suki a week and she already has a few nicknames. Little missy when she's being mischievous, and my hubby likes calling her phoenix

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
My dad calls Merlin "Merl" *shudder*. Personally hate the nickname, but love that my dad loves Merlin :p

"Cycle path"
"Silly basket"
Just generally things like 'menace' 'trouble' etc :p

Um there's some profanity related nicknames.
"Shh... for brains" is a frequently used one. Merlin's not the brightest, so...

We rarely actually swear around him though, good practice for when we get something that is more likely to talk, don't want them picking up naughties!

Of course there's all the other things like "baby boy" "precious" etc. Lots of 'mummy loves Merlin when hes cuddly' names :p

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I made a list last night on another thread, lol!

Rowdy is generally just Rowdy, but I also call her boo boo, little one and machine gun pooper

Pete is Petey

Merlin is Merloony and Loony Girl

And of course they are good girl/good boy and things like that. Honey, sweetheart, little dear. I tell Petey he is a big, strong amazon boy.

OP
Kokihi

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
After this last training session Tori gets another nickname... "ADHD bird!" also "clumsy" because he tripped himself trying to jump up to my boyfriend. XD I wish I had the video camera running. it was precious!

also, lol @ "Sh... for brains." XD Sometimes I feel like calling Tori that too, but he tends to pick up words pretty quickly. ^_^;;

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Well Mickey used to be Pretty boy, but the DNA doesn't lie, and he is now Princess Penelope Pretty Pants......lol, also pretty girly girl....

:D

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
I choose to use "Stinker" quite a bit. If they one day repeat it, it will be so much better than a curse word that I could use in its place. :)

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Peppers started calling herself Pepperoni, so now we sometimes call her that.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
hi MickeysMom! The first time I saw a female U2 was at a pet store and her eyes were a reddish brown color, so different from Amigos, (his are very dark almost black), and she was also quite a bit smaller. Are Mickey's eyes a reddish brown color?

My nickname's for Amigo are Boo and Booger. Butt head comes up often,also.

mcw009

Apr 21, 2011
VA
Parrots
Icarus the Moustached Parakeet, Smudge, Pudge (RIP), and Floki the Budgies
I often shorten it to "Ica" (from Icarus). I refuse to call my bird "Icky"!

Then there's "Bubble," which evolved from "Bub." Also "big guy" or "big bird" (He's big compared to the budgies!). "Snuggle muffin" when he wants scritches, or "grump muffin" if he... doesn't. "Grumble face" when he makes his happy lil rumbles.

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
let's see... Loki is often referred to as "Angry Bird", "Sh.. head" (Thanks Hubs!), Pooper (I swear his next word is going to be "poop" as we say it every time we see him poop, whether he's on his cage or not), Menace and Baby Boy.

Sugar hasn't come home yet, so I try not to use nicknames just yet. She isn't even acknowledging her new name yet :eek:

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
hi MickeysMom! The first time I saw a female U2 was at a pet store and her eyes were a reddish brown color, so different from Amigos, (his are very dark almost black), and she was also quite a bit smaller. Are Mickey's eyes a reddish brown color?

My nickname's for Amigo are Boo and Booger. Butt head comes up often,also.

Actually she has dark eyes, so we assumed male....but nope...She's a girl...lol Vet thinks she may be young and they will lighten

Last edited:

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I call Kayak "Yak Yak" "Pretty Girl" "Master Pooper" "Angry Bird" (she screams when she doesn't get her way)
Carlisle gets called "Carbuncle" (lol...) "CarRyle" "Angry F------ Bird" (he is a very loud, angry bird)
Franklin is just Franklin or "OH WTF YOU DIRTY BIRD!" :p he's a messy bird
Spooky is "Spooks" "Mister Spooky" "Spooky Buuurd" (He says Good boy 'Pooky Buuuuuuuuurd! when he wants your attention) "Little Man" "Budgie Buddy"
Meister is just Meister.... she's scared of humans and is more content if we don't look at her much less talk to her :'(

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
I call Kayak "Yak Yak" "Pretty Girl" "Master Pooper" "Angry Bird" (she screams when she doesn't get her way)
Carlisle gets called "Carbuncle" (lol...) "CarRyle" "Angry F------ Bird" (he is a very loud, angry bird)
Franklin is just Franklin or "OH WTF YOU DIRTY BIRD!" :p he's a messy bird
Spooky is "Spooks" "Mister Spooky" "Spooky Buuurd" (He says Good boy 'Pooky Buuuuuuuuurd! when he wants your attention) "Little Man" "Budgie Buddy"
Meister is just Meister.... she's scared of humans and is more content if we don't look at her much less talk to her :'(

LOL, so glad we're not the only one who picked up "Angry Bird"!! Loki takes to his bell and screams and rings it at the same time (He's not terribly loud though) and we usually go "Annnnngry bird!" He doesn't stay angry very long though.

Poor Meister :(

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
I dont have a bird but i wonder if when I do get one if the REAL NAME will really matter.

I have a cat named maggie and I rarely call her that, I call her Pooka, Berry, Pookaberry, Maggie poo, The mags, and anything else I think of XD

Most Reactions

Latest posts