Bringing home a baby GCC...

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
On Monday I broke down and purchased my second Green Cheek. :D I have decided to name him Cody as he was making Morris Code like sounds. He is about 4-1/2 weeks old and so stinking adorable and lovable. I spend about 30 minutes with him on Monday and Wednesday I spent about an hour just holding him and preening his pin feathers.

I cannot wait to bring he home, take care of him and show him love. Also, when the time comes, get him introduced to Molly. Molly has been my angle since I brought her home seven months ago and I can only hope that Cody will be as easy to take care of as Molly has been.

Added images!!! :)

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Aw, congrats! Cody sounds wonderful. Can you get some pics next time you visit? I just fall in love with those baby GCCs!

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
Aw so happy for you and love the name and reason behind it :)

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
:D I saw him today! I went to go see Sugar and stopped by his Incubator to say hello. He really is so stinking cute it's not even funny!

I'm still sort of in shock at how you did that on Monday. But I think Cody is going to be a happy little guy and great company for both you and Mollly :green2:

I'm going back tomorrow, I can grab some pictures of him while I'm there if you'd like, just let me know!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
awww congrats! im bringing home my gcc soon too, so i share your excitement, your gona be best friends!

OP
MollyGreenCheeks

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
:D I saw him today! I went to go see Sugar and stopped by his Incubator to say hello. He really is so stinking cute it's not even funny!

I'm still sort of in shock at how you did that on Monday. But I think Cody is going to be a happy little guy and great company for both you and Mollly :green2:

I'm going back tomorrow, I can grab some pictures of him while I'm there if you'd like, just let me know!

KatherineI,

You can take as many pics as you want and have your husband email them to me or I will PM you with my home email. :) Thanks! I hope to swing by today in a couple of hours. I just want to hold the little guy. Also, I will be swinging by again on Saturday for a bit and will be bringing a neighbor friend who always comes over to visit with me and Molly. Maybe I will see you there!

awww congrats! im bringing home my gcc soon too, so i share your excitement, your gona be best friends!

Ann,

Good luck with your new baby. You will love her...

Last edited:

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Tracey - I just arrived and brought my camera! If I don't see you here, you can PM me your email and I'll gladly send them along! I think Hubs is going to be quite busy today with his problem child :(

Hope to see you here though!

OP
MollyGreenCheeks

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Here are two more pics of Baby Cody. I can't believe he's so young. BTW, take note of the white toe nail. I will be sure to ask our avian vet about it at the exam.

Last edited:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Aw adorable, are you sure he is only 4 1/2 weeks old?

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
He's so cute! Hard to believe just a few days ago he had almost NO feathers on his head, and that it's the same tiny baby Hubs and I saw a couple of weeks ago.

He's so handle-able, I think he's going to be a great addition for both you and Molly :D

OP
MollyGreenCheeks

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Aw adorable, are you sure he is only 4 1/2 weeks old?

LOL A week ago there was no doubt in my mind of him being so young. His feathers looked so ragged and and there were nothing but pin feathers on his neck and head. Two days ago I spent a good hour or more working on all the feathers and today he looked soooo much better and had just begun to perch on the last few days too. I cannot recall the exact hatch date but I saw it today.

BTW, thanks for the "adorable" comment!:D

OP
MollyGreenCheeks

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
He's so cute! Hard to believe just a few days ago he had almost NO feathers on his head, and that it's the same tiny baby Hubs and I saw a couple of weeks ago.

He's so handle-able, I think he's going to be a great addition for both you and Molly :D

I'm just glad you guys didn't snatch him up!;)

JMO

Apr 2, 2012
Miami, Florida
Parrots
Cookie, TG, and Tino the Budgies and Bandit the Cinammon Green Cheek Conure
Congrats on your new baby! :green2::gree

I also just got a baby Cinammon GC that's 5 weeks old. I am hand feeding it so I am making very cautious moves and doing the best I could possibly do.

I also think I have the smallest GC ever, :D Everyone's GC looks bigger than mine, even my cockatilel :grey: seemed to be bigger.

OP
MollyGreenCheeks

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Congrats on your new baby! :green2::gree

I also just got a baby Cinammon GC that's 5 weeks old. I am hand feeding it so I am making very cautious moves and doing the best I could possibly do.

I also think I have the smallest GC ever, :D Everyone's GC looks bigger than mine, even my cockatilel :grey: seemed to be bigger.

I read that there are occasionally babies born that are a bit smaller than the norm. That may be your case but maybe not. Give it time. Do you weigh your Cinnamon? Molly is 8 months old 69 grams and 9.5" long. I read that 70 is the median weight for a GCC.

When I brought Molly home she was five weeks old and I spoon fed her for two weeks before moving her to pellets. I'm sure your doing fine but I understand your concern!

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
How did you introduce Cody to Molly? We are considering getting a second green cheek, too.

Do Cody and Molly live in the same cage? If so, did you keep them in separate cages at first?

How did you know Cody was going to get along with Molly? Did you bring Molly to the pet store with you? Or was it a complete surprise?

Sorry for all the questions ,lol.

Most Reactions