Nickname Humor... what nicknames do your birds have?

ChrisH26

Mar 25, 2016
I call my conure Charlie, Pooper, Poopy, Heep, Dinoboy (because birds are dinosaurs) my budgie Benny as Benny-boy, and lastly, I refer to all of my birds collectively as Burgess. Because it kinda sounds like "Birdies."

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Luna & Merlin are “the twins “
Bella is squeaky bird .
The Cockatiels are all “babies “
Bingo, can’t think of anything that we use as a nickname for him.

PacoBelle

May 15, 2020
This post was inspired by this comic:

View attachment 41686

What silly nicknames do you name your critters? Redshift, my cockatiel, is 'Booger Bird' and Charlie, my conure, is 'Buzzsaw ' because of his habit of mowing through paper he's allowed to chew, LOL.
Paco went to Paco Belle to Pacololo (Hawaiian weed cuz she's crazy " li dat ") she's a 44 year old yellow nape Amazon.

PacoBelle

May 15, 2020
Salty-Boy
Seltzicht
Feather Buster
I sing "Soldier Boy" to him, substituting Salty-Boy - its his next singing tune, I hope.
"Salty-boy, Oh my little Salty-boy!"
I sing "Paco's pretty a la " I'm so pretty/west side story) she joins in at and I pity any bird that doesn't feel that way!

UFB_Vincent

Jul 6, 2022
Virginia
Parrots
Hawk: The Green Cheek Conure
Bently: The Sun Conure
Kricket: The Love Bird
Tulio: The Cockatiel
Hawk= Rainbow Chicken or Hawy Waky

Bently= Sun Chicken or Spoiled baby wayby

Kriket= Spicy Chicken , Hate Chicken, Lil witty Demon cheeks

Tulio: Snow Chicken, ((dont hate on this next one its to do with the circumstances in which I bought him)) My Rusty Dusty Crusty Toilet Chicken , and Tulio Woolio

Oopsadaysey

Mar 11, 2022
East Gippsland Australia
Parrots
21yr old LutinoxPearl Quarrion (sorry cockatiel) Munchkin aka The Princess
Munchkin is often called "the Princess" by us and visitors, also Missy and Pooper, ends up being Princess Missy Munchkin.
My old Canary who lived for nearly 20 years was Gandalf aka Alfie and our beautiful Galah baby was originally Gladys (was only 4-5 weeks out of nest ) when his mum was run over but he (eyes hadn't coloured) became Chook Chook aka bugger bird.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
My birds have a couple variations, lol.
Marshmallow:
-Marsh
-Marshy
-Marshy bird

Sprite:
-Spritely
-Spritely bird
-Spritely bite (She likes to bite. She thinks it's funny.)
-Crazy bird
-Little monster

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
Cozy a.ka. Cozy Oatz, Cozy Oatiez, Cozy Oatagins, Coze, Bird Girl!, Blue Skies, Fluffer Nutter, Buuuudgie She’s So Sweet and Fluuuufffyyy (I sing this one to her), Budgie Baby, Budgie Baby So Sweet and Crraaazzy (I also sing this one), The Fudgie Budgie, The Sweet Budge, The Little, Sweet Little, Widdle Biddle, Sweetie Mole-a, and the list goes on…….

Am I OK? 😂

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
This post was inspired by this comic:

View attachment 41686

What silly nicknames do you name your critters? Redshift, my cockatiel, is 'Booger Bird' and Charlie, my conure, is 'Buzzsaw ' because of his habit of mowing through paper he's allowed to chew, LOL.
I feel like I'm the queen of horribly unhinged nicknames for my birds.
Tina: Teeba, Teenie
Siouxsie: Soozie Soo, Soup, Chicken Noodle Soupie, Soupie. (This nickname has gotten so bad we just call her Soup)
Betty: Crimebag. Bigfoot Betty
Squid: Squidward, Squidge, Squidgimus
Bonita(RIP): Bonbon, Nita, Benny, Bean burrito, Beaniebaby, the list literally is a mile long.
Jello: Jello Bello, Jello Biafra, Mr. Man
Honorable mention is my dog Henry Rollins. We can him Hamster, Ham-man, but he literally will respond to his 'wizard name': Hamma-wamma-bo-bamma-slamma-shamma!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Somehow, Stinkybeak is a popular name. Even though the birds don’t stink; “-beak” seems to be a popular parrot prefix or suffix, kind of like “-man” or “-ski” or “-berg”.

Hence, Nastybeak, sweetiebeak, snugglebeak, Beakmonster, Beakmeister etc…. Although when unfortunate poop incidents happen the bird gets called “butt bird”. Thank God these birds don’t pick up speech like Lucy did.

And phrases like “don’t give me that beak!” “Watch your beak,” “this beak’s for you”, “beak-tastic!”

If the mammal owners don’t get it, they’re just being narrow-minded. Birds are better in so many ways.

Last edited:

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
My birds' nicknames may not be funny because I speak to them in English. But I'll try to translate them (some of them I've already written but here are some old and new ones)

Zenek:
- Huligan (hooligan, not used any longer)
- Gałgan (togs)
- Dewastator (devastator)
- Zenobiusz (rather not used any longer)
- Srajdupa (shit-butt?)
*- Zen (only sometimes on PF)

Rozalka:
- małpa (monkey)

Angela:
- niebieska (blue, only sometimes used)

Bourkes (all their flock):
- różowe (pinks)

All flock:
- pierzaste (feathered ones)

Oh no, most nikcknames seem to be negative :ROFLMAO:
These aren't nicknames but for non-Polish speakers other name variations aren't obvious (I use them too. most of them are positive so I don't always use such words 😅 ):
Zenek --> Zenuś
Rozalka --> Rozalcia
Jaś --> Jasio, Jasiek
Fela --> Felcia
I forgot about one Zenek's nickname - Gargamel :ROFLMAO: It's very rare used but sometimes my mom does it.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Tony is TonyBuuurd or Chuffy or Chuffy puffy
Thomas is Lil Conure or Baby
Sheer Khan is Sheery or Sheer Sheer
Ryuk is Ry-Ry
Romeo is Lil Bird
Striga is The Strig or Blue boy
Grim is Grim girl or Lil Devil
Billy is Billy buuurd or Billy boy
And finally Hedwig is well just Hedwig mostly, maybe green girl sometimes.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
They get nicknames having to do with their behavior, like Mr. PinchyBeak or Crunchybeak.
And now with Willow’s new poop-cleaning (via beak) habit he’s been nicknamed mr gross-beak or dirty bird. Yuck!

Most Reactions