Dominic having fun

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
We had most of the day out of cage while I worked on a thorough cleaning and renewing toys. Here's a pic of Dommie having fun. It shows some of his lipomas quite clearly. Although they look ugly, they're much better than they were!

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Glad Dominic's lipomas are looking much better
Must admit it does look eina though
Mishka also loves playing with pegs

Sure Dominic had loads of fun while you did all the hard work

Thanks for sharing

OP
Betrisher

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Thanks, Ant!

I hadn't realise how improved the fatty lumps are until my sister showed me an old photo of Dom from a few years ago. The ones you can see in the above pic are about half the size they had been, to the point where poor Dom could hardly walk. Now I think about it, he's gained so much more movement since he's lost a bit of weight. He can walk quite well, although it's tiring for him, as he has to 'stand tall' to walk so the lumps don't drag on the table. Also, he can climb quite effectively now, where that was impossible a few weeks ago: the lumps just got stuck between him and the cage bars and he'd flounder and fall. Of course, being able to move means he's gaining confidence all the time. Today when the Beaks startled him he flew all the way from the kitchen into my sewing room, leaving a nice little calling card on my cutting mat. Hm.

I tried to give Dom a shower-bath today, but he hated it and moved out of reach. He doesn't bathe either, so I think I'm going to have to insist on sprinkling him a few times a week. The Beaks and the Lovies are all moulting but Dom's not. I find myself wondering how long it'll be before I know if he's stopped feather plucking. His back and tummy are still pretty bald...

Finally, what does 'eina' mean, please? Ellie (daughter) reckons the Beaks' flock call sounds like 'Sterretjie' and so that's what we say to them each morning as a greeting. It's one of those words that rolls pleasantly off the tongue, I find. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks, Ant!

I hadn't realise how improved the fatty lumps are until my sister showed me an old photo of Dom from a few years ago. The ones you can see in the above pic are about half the size they had been, to the point where poor Dom could hardly walk. Now I think about it, he's gained so much more movement since he's lost a bit of weight. He can walk quite well, although it's tiring for him, as he has to 'stand tall' to walk so the lumps don't drag on the table. Also, he can climb quite effectively now, where that was impossible a few weeks ago: the lumps just got stuck between him and the cage bars and he'd flounder and fall. Of course, being able to move means he's gaining confidence all the time. Today when the Beaks startled him he flew all the way from the kitchen into my sewing room, leaving a nice little calling card on my cutting mat. Hm.

I tried to give Dom a shower-bath today, but he hated it and moved out of reach. He doesn't bathe either, so I think I'm going to have to insist on sprinkling him a few times a week. The Beaks and the Lovies are all moulting but Dom's not. I find myself wondering how long it'll be before I know if he's stopped feather plucking. His back and tummy are still pretty bald...

Finally, what does 'eina' mean, please? Ellie (daughter) reckons the Beaks' flock call sounds like 'Sterretjie' and so that's what we say to them each morning as a greeting. It's one of those words that rolls pleasantly off the tongue, I find. :)

So happy Dom is improving, I wonder if it is sore at all, shame sure does look like it.

In that case sprinkling would be your best option. I am fortunate Mishka loves his shower time. When placed in the bath, he actually runs towards the shower sprinkler and says "come on mommy come on"

Sterretjie is a beautiful sounding name if pronounced correctly.

Eina means "SORE" LoL

:grey:

OP
Betrisher

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Parrots
:) We pronounce it the way Mishka does - and yes, it is beautiful! :)

Most Reactions